Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Palm Pistol Completes 10,000 Round Endurance Testing

Quote Originally Posted by Solidus-snake View Post
    If it was dirt cheap, it wouldnt be bad for a backup. Also if a mugger DOES get the upper hand gets close enough to grab you, itd be a good option.
    Either as a roll of quarters with a steel extension or a loud noise?

This pistol reminds me of this WWII oddity, you would have to punch somebody to fire it, the .38 "glove gun"...
    http://securityarms.com/20010315/gal.../1200/1253.htm

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Single-shot, thumb-operated Palm Pistol set for 2011 release

By Zeb Leonard
    23:41 April 3, 2011

The use of firearms for self-defense is a divisive issue, with weapons, especially concealable ones, being easily misappropriated for wrong-doing. While we're reluctant to suggest adding more guns to the equation, the newly developed single-shot Palm Pistol does have some worthwhile qualities as a defensive weapon for non-aggressors.

In an adrenalin-charged self-defense scenario, a person untrained in the use of a firearm may be prone to a fatal error. They may fail to properly draw, ready and aim their weapon, or may simply miss. Due for release this year, the Palm Pistol is designed to give non-aggressors a better chance of surviving a violent attack.

To read the rest of the story click the link below.

http://www.gizmag.com/single-shot-palm-pistol/18278/

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    I can see you having that in your hand. Then the supposed potential attacker turns out to be a lost soul looking for directions to the bus stop. You are several streets over and while you ponder the best way to answer the question you unthinkingly reach up to scratch your head.

Doc, I have this splitting headache and apparently a bowel movement problem.
    On the other hand if you were up to no good it would be a neat little gadget to have. Gamblers little buddy if he is caught dealing from the bottom of the deck?

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GunBum View Post

A new twist on anold idea. These were patented in 1883.
    I handled one of those at a gun show this past year. It was in beautiful, operating condition too. The guy was asking around $4,000 for it If I remember right.

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Thursday, April 14th, 2011 at 4:17 PM

John Snow’s Criticism Of The Palm Pistol

MAPLEWOOD, NJ --(Ammoland.com)- Dear Mr. Snow:

Your recent review posted at http://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/gun...ns-palm-pistol is highly critical of my design. The single shot Palm Pistol(r) has several advantages over a traditionally configured defensive handgun.

To read the rest of the story click the link below.

http://www.ammoland.com/2011/04/14/j...e-palm-pistol/

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

I think they should make it prescription only and give it to crack heads as an inhaler.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123