Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Since the panic started.....what are you buying now?

Question Since the panic started.....what are you buying now?

Due to all the cracked out prices on most guns and all ammo, I have now been looking at accessories and whatnot like gear, targets, cleaning supplies etc. etc.

Although I did order a pistol from my LGS 3 weeks ago (they are the only funstore that I found that was willing to do it) and the price was fair, no telling how many months it will take....

I ordered a new sling today to try out....I have no idea what longarm it will end up on, so that will give me something to play with. I also bought a pistol lanyard for the above mentioned gun. Don't know if I will like it, but I thought oh what the hell.

Hell I am even contemplating another safe. I can't remember the company but the safe is round (not square) and it has a rotary longarm system, I.E. like a Lazy Susan

Lately I have been researching body armor, trying to figure out what exactly I want (it seems the choices are endless)....I guess it all depends on what one is willing to spend. Although, like the old saying goes "How much is YOUR life worth?"....

So how about you guys?
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    The only firearm related thing I have purchased in the last year has been a set of original grip panels for my first year Beretta 92.

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Just before the crazy crap a Maadi!
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

I've just been looking at/for ammo. Whenever I find a box of anything I can use, I get it. I'd love to see some .22RF, but there are none to be had anywhere around here.

I saw a nice Rossi Circuit Judge in .22/.22 Mag. convertible I'd love to have, but I'm going to have to save up a lot more than I have available right now.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

2 cap and ball revolvers, i'm gonna sit on my cartridge gun stuff and shoot black powder till things calm down.....my fringed buckskin chaps and civil war belt buckle will be here next week .....already got the hat and boots.

My new handle will be deadeye dave

Damn...am I the only one that has been looking at gear?

I must admit 99% of my shit is as old as I am......guess I am due for some updates...LOL

Forgot to mention I bought my first steel target last month. The deal was too good to pass up.

I just now have to figure out if I want it hanging or if I want it post mounted.....
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Partisan1983 View Post
    Lately I have been researching body armor, trying to figure out what exactly I want (it seems the choices are endless)....I guess it all depends on what one is willing to spend. Although, like the old saying goes "How much is YOUR life worth?"....
    http://www.firearmsprostore.com/bodyarmor.aspx
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqmFjEQGI9Q
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKbGy4AgzXM

I was going to order some IIIa armor next payday but I may save up a few more weeks and get level III plates from my link above. Hard to beat a 2.9 lbs plate that can absorb 8 7.62x39 rounds and FLOAT.

And this stuff is brand new. They didn't get NIJ certification until December 2012.

So how about you guys?
    I've gotten a lot of gear so far this year. Flashlights, flashlight mounts, knives, backpack, 7.62x54r, a couple more mosins, a P-64 pistol, shotgun slugs, pistol mags. New scopes are up next along more lights and a stockpile of batteries. Maybe even going to modernize my M17s bullpup.
    Last edited by FunkyPertwee; 03-30-2013 at 12:37 AM.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Damn...am I the only one that has been looking at gear?

I must admit 99% of my shit is as old as I am......guess I am due for some updates...LOL

I plan on getting a TAG plate carrier soon. LA police gear seems to have the best price on them.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Since the panic started.....what are you buying now?

Patience. I know it will pay off. I'm waiting for the flood of buyers remorse and then I will purchase.

was_peacemaker
    Quote Originally Posted by recon View Post
    Just before the crazy crap a Maadi!
    Good rifles...I miss mine. They defiantly have that old cold war feel to them don't they?

was_peacemaker
    Mainly ammo...22LR, 9mm, 7.62x54R, and 7.62x39. I have a good bit of 20 gauge and 12 gauge.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Trying to find CCI Stingers. Eventually I'll find some then I'm buying as many as i can find.

Very cool FunkyPertwee. Thank you for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by was_peacemaker View Post
    Mainly ammo...22LR, 9mm, 7.62x54R, and 7.62x39. I have a good bit of 20 gauge and 12 gauge.

Except for .22LR, I can find all the calibers you listed all day long in my area, but I am not paying pure Columbian blow prices for "cut" meth.....

Cool

I think this will be my next safe.....

http://www.pendletonsafes.com/

Small 9mm hand gun.

were gun laws are finally making since!!!
    Except for .22LR, I can find all the calibers you listed all day long in my area, but I am not paying pure Columbian blow prices for "cut" meth.....
    lol, nice way to put thing in to prospective! lol. i've bought about 500 rds of 7.62x39 500 rds of 9mm and the h&k93

were gun laws are finally making since!!!
    I think this will be my next safe.....

http://www.pendletonsafes.com/
    nice safes!

I bought reloading supplies just before the crazy hit so I'm set for the next year. Right now everything is crazy expensive so I sent off three Form 1's instead. Now I'm just waiting out the NFA forms to come back.

A bunch of stuff - pays to wait and find deals - they are still out there.

Just today I picked up some awesomeness

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast