Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Since the panic started.....what are you buying now?

I started reloading. I think it was a good move with the ammo shortages. Primers are the thing that I am mostly having trouble stocking up on.

I recently picked up an SLR-106CR to keep the SLR-106UR company. I'm contemplating the purchase of Ultimak gas tube/rails for both of them, but first I ought to replace the clear Bulgarian 30-rd mag I dropped loaded onto my tile floor. Final score ... Floor:1, Mag: 0. I'm also planning to save up and have the -UR cut down to the right size, but that may come after I put some sort of optic (EOTech or Mepro 21) on both.
    Then, more recently, I traded a bottle of the Glenlivet for a Nagant pistol and 50 rounds of ammo. What an amazingly useless handgun! Why, it's so miserable, it's cute.
    I'm also looking at justifying an RIA 1911 in 10mm in the face of an upcoming wedding and honeymoon. Even at the decent retail price (as compared to other 1911s in 10mm), it's a tall order right now.
    The gun-toting practitioner of the Middle Path.

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014

Bought some used brass. Other components too high, or impossible to find. Only guns were two Swedish M96 Mausers (1906 and 1917) in 6.5X55 that I couldn't refuse for $500, total price. I already have the components for reloading that round. I'll wait for the other stuff until the prices become more reasonable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12