Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: czech out this little bundle of awesome...

I think you will really like it. I have owned one of the 527's, but mine was late 90's early 2000's version of the Lux, in 223. Never had a lick of trouble with it. You may find that the bolt handle won't clear the ocular lens bell of some scopes when using medium height rights. CZ will swap out your bolt handle for one which has been clearanced to accommodate most scopes. Be sure to use a bore guide with solvent port, and a sock over the buttstock when cleaning, as that beautiful walnut does not enjoy contact with solvents.

CZ makes some real fine rifles for the money they cost. The wood is what drew me to their rifles in the first place,its hard for an old guy to give up some beautiful wood on a rifle. Old school?

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

I have one of those too - awsome carbines! Quality is outstanding. I put a 4x scope on mine. Gives you a reason to handload the 7.62x39 too - I use .312" 150 grain (.303 Brit) bullets loaded to around 2100 fps. Great deer load.

The set trigger is really cool too. I only have the one mag that it came with - never thought of extras...

Great companion to your AK or SKS.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Re: czech out this little bundle of awesome...

You going to convert it to high cap banana clips?
    Last edited by AKTexas; 04-03-2013 at 07:07 PM.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Quote Originally Posted by AKTexas View Post
    You going to convert it to high cap banana clips?
    Funny guy. I wanted one of those Aussie Enfield chop jobs that too AK mags, but the price and availability never got there.

This is the best group I shot using Hornaday 123 gr. handloads @100 yards. I had so many misfires using large rifle primers that I only load with R/P brass with small rifle primers. I think the firing pin doesn't protrudes far enough to ignite Boxer large rifle primers. No problem shooting Berdan but be advised the rifle will not shoot Yugo surplus. Primers are too hard.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    This is the best group I shot using Hornaday 123 gr. handloads @100 yards. I had so many misfires using large rifle primers that I only load with R/P brass with small rifle primers. I think the firing pin doesn't protrudes far enough to ignite Boxer large rifle primers. No problem shooting Berdan but be advised the rifle will not shoot Yugo surplus. Primers are too hard.
    It also might be a matter of firing pin sping strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    Well that is disappointing to hear. Have you looked on the internet to see if anyone has come up with an aftermarket firing pin?

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    Well that is disappointing to hear. Have you looked on the internet to see if anyone has come up with an aftermarket firing pin?
    I have read a few reports like that and supposedly you get a new FP if you contact CZ with your issue.

CZ makes great rifles. I bought one in 30-06 for my ex (when she was my current). The set trigger is a hoot. I'm envious of your carbine! Have you thought about threading it for a suppressor?
    The gun-toting practitioner of the Middle Path.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12