Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rossi Leverguns?

Rossi Leverguns?

I'm considering a Rossi 20" in .357/.38 for just under a nickle. Its this one. New.
    http://www.rossiusa.com/product-details.cfm?id=162
    I never had a lever so I'm looking for any feedback. The good/bad/ugly...THX.
    Face your fear, accept your war.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Re: Rossi Leverguns?

Quote Originally Posted by TEN-32 View Post
    I'm considering a Rossi 20" in .357/.38 for just under a nickle. Its this one. New.
    http://www.rossiusa.com/product-details.cfm?id=162
    I never had a lever so I'm looking for any feedback. The good/bad/ugly...THX.
    Finally something worth talking about.

I own one, very accurate. The safety is a little to be desired as for where it is located and how it works. It is cumbersome.

The fit and finish is to be expected on a braztech firearm. Looks good on the outside a little rough internal. Does not affect the functions.

I use mine for fall turkey hunting using .38 sp remington fmj factory. The .357 is great on goats on the run. For the price it is a great buy.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

FWIW I've got the Rossi Ranch Hand in 38/357 and I'm happy with it. Quality is good or better and except for 158gr SP .357 it feeds everything just fine.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AKTexas View Post
    Finally something worth talking about.

I own one, very accurate. The safety is a little to be desired as for where it is located and how it works. It is cumbersome.

The fit and finish is to be expected on a braztech firearm. Looks good on the outside a little rough internal. Does not affect the functions.

I use mine for fall turkey hunting using .38 sp remington fmj factory. The .357 is great on goats on the run. For the price it is a great buy.
    What is braztech?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    FWIW I've got the Rossi Ranch Hand in 38/357 and I'm happy with it. Quality is good or better and except for 158gr SP .357 it feeds everything just fine.
    Thanks for the info gents.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Braztech runs Taurus and Rossi and manufacture a bunch of other stuff in South America.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

I would note that at least on my Ranch Hand the loading gate/port is a little small and you really have to use the tip of your finger to force the rounds in. Your finger will get sore after a few loadings. Kinf of hoping it will break in a little over time and get a little easier to load. A .44 or .45 model should have a larger area and might not be has difficult to feed into.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

I like the looks of that... The lever gun and pistol combination that shoots the same ammo has always interested me...

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I forgot to post this earlier. This guy sells cools parts, sights, and upgrades for the rossi rifles.

http://store.stevesgunz.com/
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    I have not had a issue with these. I tend to use 158 swc for the .357 or 125 fp.

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post
    I like the looks of that... The lever gun and pistol combination that shoots the same ammo has always interested me...
    This definitely was part of my decision.

edit-Oh, I bought it. LOL. I'd put up a pic or two but ATF placed a "hold" on the transaction. WTF?
    Last edited by TEN-32; 04-03-2013 at 02:39 PM.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Well good luck with that! The other guy with your name may have done something naughty... hope you can get that cleared up!

The Rossi lever is a great carbine! Great choice! I also second stevezgunz.

You will want to replace the sights - both front sight blade and rear. Take note that the dovetails are not standard US dimensions - but it is easily "fixed" by gently tapping the lips down a little with a brass hammer. The safety can be replaced with a "blank" - available from stevezgunz - recommend that mod too - the hammer has a standard "half cock" safety.

I elected to put a Marbles 1/32" brass bead front sight along with a Marbles tang sight on mine - with a blank in the mid-barrel slot. Really gets the most out of the carbine's accuracy almost doubling the sight radius.

I own a 44 Mag version and love it.
    Last edited by O.S.O.K.; 04-03-2013 at 03:00 PM.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

I've had holds every second or third transaction, I think it is volume...

I always wanted a 30 Carbine with the AMT 30 Carbine Hardballer, but bad reviews always kept me away from buying. Everytime I was ready to buy someone would scare me with jamming problems with the pistol...

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

That makes me think of what I'd like - a 10mm Rossi or Marlin levergun - to go with my G20. 10mm is one of those rounds that benefits from the longer tube - boosting velocity about 20% over hangun speeds. Mag capacity would be great - around 12 rounds.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

I also own the 44/40 version. Another fun shooter. Great on coons and rabbits.

alot of snobs give rossi a bad rap.
    It's a Lever gun

fixing or upgrading anything isn't rocket science, Im tempted to buy one of their new loop ring 45-70's .

I've had holds every second or third transaction, I think it is volume...
    This is the second time in a row for me. I'm developing a complex. My name is not common.

I know of only two people with the same name I have. One is a Doctor and the other is a Deputy Sheriff two counties north of me... Must be the cop...

Funny story... Some guy got pissed at the Deputy and was stalking me on facebook, etc... seems threatening someone is a Federal crime. I don't think he'll be bothering the Deputy any longer...

I know of only two people with the same name I have. One is a Doctor and the other is a Deputy Sheriff two counties north of me... Must be the cop...

Funny story... Some guy got pissed at the Deputy and was stalking me on facebook, etc... seems threatening someone is a Federal crime. I don't think he'll be bothering the Deputy any longer...
    Takes all types I guess...

I have an older one. A "puma" version in .357. Only picture that I could find was my son holding it in the tree stand. Great rifle. I think that I paid 200 for it from a co-worker. Feeds both .38 and .357 just fine.

DSC09345.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by El Duce View Post
    I have an older one. A "puma" version in .357. Only picture that I could find was my son holding it in the tree stand. Great rifle. I think that I paid 200 for it from a co-worker. Feeds both .38 and .357 just fine.

DSC09345.jpg
    I see that mine does not have a saddle ring. I feel cheated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast