Thread: Become a long range marksman instantly..no training needed!!!

Exclamation Become a long range marksman instantly..no training needed!!!

Anybody heard of this company before?

http://tracking-point.com/

I must admit, I thought of this concept years ago after watching the Bruce Willis flick "Jackal".
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    It's not a short cut or cure all for poor marksmanship. In order to take advantage of the system you still need to be a skilled marksman.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Quote Originally Posted by old Grump View Post
    It's not a short cut or cure all for poor marksmanship. In order to take advantage of the system you still need to be a skilled marksman.

I'll give you that....I was just trying to post a title for this thread, that would get as many views/replies as possible....I'm thinking I failed

Did you watch the vids?

In concept, it seems very cool FWIW...
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan1983 View Post
    I'll give you that....I was just trying to post a title for this thread, that would get as many views/replies as possible....I'm thinking I failed

Did you watch the vids?

In concept, it seems very cool FWIW...
    Read about it and seen the presentation when it first came out.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

It's intersting but man are those weapons expensive. $17,000 for the cheap one. I can buy a pile of reloading components and do some range time to master the skills and still come out cheaper.
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 04-05-2013 at 08:35 PM.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

It appears to be a sniper computer. Sort of like using a calculator. It will make shooting with it easy, but you won't learn the skills necessary to do it when you don't have that scope set.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

i like it. its neat.

tht said, id never pay anywhere near that much for it. and when you have no idea how to take a shot and find out your batteries are dead, youll be pretty much fucked.

Delivering supplies to the Alamo for round two.
    Quote Originally Posted by deth502 View Post
    when you have no idea how to take a shot and find out your batteries are dead, youll be pretty much fucked.
    This.

Technology is nifty assistant but it's never a substitute for actually having the skill necessary to perform the action without it.
    Technology is also 100% guaranteed to fail you at some point too. Batteries obviously being the most likely culprit.

I also look at that pretty much the same way i look at gps devices. Yeah they're convenient if you don't know where you're going, but if you hadn't been using it all this time then perhaps you would already know exactly how to get there right off the top of your head just from experience. Most people I've met that use gps a lot to go everywhere can't hardly tell you a damn thing about the street layout of the city they live in. They simply can't remember because they're just following bitching bettys left right instructions instead of actually thinking about what they're doing. They basically have no idea where they are even though they're there every day.

Nothing can quite substitute for a good ol fashioned map and always knowing which way is north.

If you have marksmanship skills i guarantee you that thing would degrade them over time because you'll become accustomed to not having to do the math in your head and you'll either forget how to or hesitate because you'll have to think harder about it. It's a highly perishable skill to begin with.

Look at what spell checkers have done to some peoples spelling skills as another good example.

Just imagine in 20 years from now how this concept will have evolved.