Thread: Latest Gun Show Report

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Latest Gun Show Report

Went to a gun show today; not with the intention to buy anything, really, but to scope out prices and availability of products and ammo. It is needless to say that I did a lot of laughing with some of the prices.

- AR15s were very plentiful and prices were some what reasonable. Prices varied between $200 - 400 above pre-Newtown prices.
    - AR15 uppers were non-existent besides one 9mm upper and one 5.7mm upper that I saw.
    - AR15 lowers were common, but still double or triple pre-panic prices.
    - AR15 bolt carriers, bolts, and barrels were non-existent.
    - AR15 parts kits: Very few, priced at $130.
    - AR15 magazines: Few PMags for $30-40. Some Lancer mags for $25. One table surprised me with a pile of Colt 30-rounders for $15 each.

- AK variants: AKs were somewhat plentiful, but were priced nearly the same (or more) as any given AR15. Even Century WASRs featured $1000 price tags.
    - Korean AK mags were plentiful but had price tags ranging between $30 and 40.
    - Eastern-bloc AK mags were non-existent, except for some of the new Polish Radom plastic mags.
    - One 100-round AK drum for $200!
    - AK parts/receivers: Non-existent

- Few SKS rifles going for no less than $550
    - A few Century CETMEs were around. One beat-up one had a price of $750 while the other two were in PTR-91 territory with their $1200 tags.
    - Milsurp rifles were few and far between. The once-common Mosin Nagant was nowhere to be found.
    - .22 rifles were everywhere, especially .22 copies of Uzis, MP5s, AR15s, AKs, and other rifles.
    - .22 bolt-action rifles that used to sell for $100 were no less than $250.
    - .22 ammo was non-existent except for some brick of no-name stuff (never heard of the brand name before) selling for $80 at one table.

- Plenty of Mossberg 500 and Remington 870 shotguns for no less than $400.
    - One unconverted Saiga-12 for over $1000.
    - One Kel-Tec KSG for $1700.
    - One UTS-15. Unknown price.

- Two Tavor rifles. One for $3000, the other for $2200.
    - Plenty of bolt-action rifles, both new and old. Typical prices, but slightly more for .308 and .223.
    - A few Kel-Tec Sub2000s priced no less than $500.
    - Plenty of pistols. Some normally priced, others $100-200 above normal price.
    - Not very many C&R pistols, though.
    - Glock mags $30 at some tables, much more at others.
    - Ammo still at ridiculous prices, but plentiful overall (with the exception of .22LR).

Overall:
    Still shitty! Say good-bye to "cheap" guns and ammo for a while.

ETA: One thing I forgot to mention was that a couple of tables were selling the oil filter sound suppressor adapters for $40 and labeling them as "oil collector adapters for cleaning." Yeah, I did not even think about buying one. As far as I know, the oil filter adapters are considered NFA items.
    Last edited by skorpion; 04-13-2013 at 12:41 PM.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

There was a gun show here today but I didn't go. They have jacked up the price so much just to get in the door that I decided to pass. From what you are reporting it sounds like I was smart to miss it since there weren't any bargins to be had.
    Doobie Doobie Doo..

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    There was a gun show here today but I didn't go. They have jacked up the price so much just to get in the door that I decided to pass. From what you are reporting it sounds like I was smart to miss it since there weren't any bargins to be had.
    Yep, it's better-off to just wait-out this nonsense and save your money for a bit. The panic is finally fizzling out; however, it has created some serious wounds that will take a while to heal. Hopefully, prices will normalize by the start of next year.

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion View Post
    ETA: One thing I forgot to mention was that a couple of tables were selling the oil filter sound suppressor adapters for $40 and labeling them as "oil collector adapters for cleaning." Yeah, I did not even think about buying one. As far as I know, the oil filter adapters are considered NFA items.

I haven't been paying attention to them...but as far as I know they are not (yet).......

L1A1Rocker or Schuetzenman will know more than I
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014

Interesting report. Sounds about the same as here in Northwestern Arizona. Still some WWI & WWII guns.

For reloading, there was plenty of used brass. Some new brass, but the prices were at least twice normal. No powder or primers. Some bullets, but not 9mm, .223 or .308's. The .22 brick packs were $75 and up.

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Most of the idiots are out of money and the only things moving are prior orders. Give it time and first firearms then ammo will drop back into line. It may never be WASRs at $400, but they will be way under a grand within a few months.

Ammo and reloading components are what I'm somewhat concerned about. I would think they would be coming back in stock by now and I'm not seeing it.

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014

ELC-One of the major reloading components dealers said it could take six months to settle out.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Partisan1983 View Post
    I haven't been paying attention to them...but as far as I know they are not (yet).......

L1A1Rocker or Schuetzenman will know more than I
    The legal ones carry a $200 buck tax as far as I know. It would be very bad to be found with a nonpapered adapter, ATF will ream you a new one, $250,000 fine, up to 10 years in jail and the end of your ability to own any guns or even ammo.

Thanks Schuetz
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!