Thread: AA-12 RUSSIAN SHOTGUN

Team GunsNet Gold 03/2014

AA-12 RUSSIAN SHOTGUN

My apologies if this has been posted previously.

Just in for me, and found it quite interesting.

AA-12 RUSSIAN SHOTGUN

THIS IS SOMETHING YOU MUST READ AND WATCH THE VIDEO AT THE END!! THIS IS ONE HECK OF A WEAPON!!!!

The Russians invented the infamous AK-47, which was the weapon that took out a lot of our troops in Vietnam . You could run it through the mud, never clean it, and it would fire 3000 rounds without jamming. It was dependable because it was built with a lot of slop, what engineers call wide tolerance, to operate under any condition, including sub-zero weather.

The counterpart US M-16 was responsible for more US servicemen deaths because it was undependable, would jam if a mosquito crawled into the mechanism and required constant cleaning. After firing 2 dozen bullets the barrel would glow red, the extractor would jam and the plastic stock would melt. The only thing it was good for was marking the spot where the soldier was buried. After 16 modifications the M-16 was introduced by a subsidiary of Mattel, the government contractor. Not widely used anymore it performed marginally better but still was plagued with the original design flaws. Since then the military has tested and introduced 14 new hand held weapons, many very high tech, and some very scary weapons with amazing lethal capabilities. These did not come about without huge costs to supply each serviceman.

Some will disagree, but we continue to fight insurgencies and terrorists equipped with the AK-47 and our troops still encounter casualties, but more casualties from improvised devices and low tech approaches to lethality.

Now the Russians have developed a new weapon that every terrorist and hunter would equally want to own. It is the AA-12 fully automatic 12 gauge shotgun that is capable of a 28 round quick release magazine. Leave it in a barrel of mud it will still fire on command and there is absolutely no recoil, a ten year old could operate this weapon and never miss with a choice of 3 different loads and shot spread patterns.

This weapon is being dubbed, the Alley Cleaner, and soon this gun will find its way into drug and gang warfare currently being waged in the streets of America .

It's available on the Internet and is being shipped to Canada and Mexico . You would be surprised at the price....for under $700, it comes with 5 magazines, w/o shells.

The comparable semi-automatic 20 shot short barrel unit used by many SWAT teams sells for around $1200.

RUSSIAN AA-12 SHOTGUN

How's this for home defense? Impressive when he takes it out of the barrel of water..........I thought it was going to blow up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOoUVeyaY_8

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner1558 View Post
    AA-12 RUSSIAN SHOTGUN
    I'm not a terrorist or a hunter..... but I want one!
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

That was badass how it fired just fine after being submerged in water, WITH WATER STILL POURING OUT OF THE DRUM.

FPSRussia gets all the cool toys.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Water pouring out of the magazine isn't a concern to me as there is no pressure from firing in the mag.
    Pouring out of the barrel while firing would seem to be a recipe for disaster.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

He had some good contacts, to get all those neat toys to play with.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Thread moved out of General Discussion because it is for all things BUT guns. This is not a new vid, saw it at least 2 years ago. Intersting weapon.

Is the AA-12 Russian???

Good Grief

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

The AA-12 was originally designed and known as the Atchisson Assault Shotgun, is a shotgun developed in 1972 by Maxwell Atchisson. In 1987, Max Atchisson sold the rights of AA-12 to Jerry Baber of Military Police Systems, Inc., Piney Flats, Tennessee where it is made today strictly for Military & LE applications. The is nothing Russian about this shotgun.

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.