Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Widners has P6s back in and I finally bought one

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post
    This is the holster that came with it:

It looks to have two belt positions... anyone tried using one? Any clue as to how the bottom position works? And if used drop I don't see a tie down at the bottom.

It also has a double retention snap set up that seems cumbersome at best...
    Well, I think I found an answer... A German, posting at gunboards.com said they called these holster pistol transporting devices and they were shit. The double snap is a riot retaining device. The double snap requires a slow two handed draw. They use a single snap and drawing the pistol is still slow.These have been replaced by Safari and Uncle Mike's... The officers were buying after market holsters when these were still issue.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Same holster came with my CZ-82, but in left hand. Made by Kahn.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Same holster came with my CZ-82, but in left hand. Made by Kahn. "It fuckin' sucks, it suckin' fucks, it fuckin' blows, it's a piece of shit, and I don't like it."
    I have to agree...

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I'm not sure as I don't have one. But I have seen them worn in Switzerland about 10 years ago when on business trips. As shown it is to swivel for when they are seated in a patrol car. Based on your description I wonder if the extended part can be removed and only the holster be put on a belt. Try rotating it in a way that wouldn't be possible if you were wearing it and see if it will come off like some sort of bayonet bulb socket.

It does come off, stiff, but it does. It makes a poor belt holster and a poor drop holster... The double snap affair sucks pond scum... harder than hell to open.

To improve on the DA pull, replace the hammer spring with a 19# Wolf spring.
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12