Thread: Where are the good buys on stripped AR15 recievers?

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Where are the good buys on stripped AR15 recievers?

Still seeing some good kit buys on everything but the stripped lower. Who has them cheap but quality?

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Still seeing some good kit buys on everything but the stripped lower. Who has them cheap but quality?
    Good one!

Sorry to be such a smartass but seriously there are no stripped lowers at a cheap price. They're like .22 LR ammo, first you can't find them and if you do they'll be 2x pre Sandyhook prices at the very least. Next year this time baring any other massacres we might get back to where "Cheap but Quality" would be a viable statement.
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 04-24-2013 at 09:17 PM.

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

Where are the good buys on stripped AR15 recievers?
    in 2007

Seriously, they're probably a year out IF there are no other serious gun ban efforts.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L1A1Rocker View Post
    Seriously, they're probably a year out IF there are no other serious gun ban efforts.
    Very seriously a year at least. Anybody look at Spikes Tactical web site? They were saying in Feb. that you might get a weapon ordered
    For new orders this item will be on backorder for an estimated 8 to 12 months
    This is on every rifle description page on their web site I do believe. http://www.spikestactical.com/new/z/ourcustomers.jpg Link to their message about back order / supply problems.

well if nothing else the democraps have made sure we have a well armed populace.

Think about it, before '94 most people I knew didn't hoard mags and ammo, now the montra is buy it cheap stack it deep.

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

I ordered two complete kits from Model1 that were "In Stock" 22DEC12... They still have not shipped...

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

"The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NewbieAKguy View Post
    I caught those on sale Christmas before last and got 5 at $49.95...

Quote Originally Posted by NewbieAKguy View Post
    I highly recommend PSA's stuff. Typically their stuff runs the same price point as M1S but with higher quality parts.

After BamBam's election there was a big buy on guns and gun related stuff. Not a peep out of him about gun control and a year later everyone was overstocked after catching up. I bought 5 AR receivers at $35.00 each. Here's hoping that a year from now we see those deals again.

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L1A1Rocker View Post
    I highly recommend PSA's stuff. Typically their stuff runs the same price point as M1S but with higher quality parts.

After BamBam's election there was a big buy on guns and gun related stuff. Not a peep out of him about gun control and a year later everyone was overstocked after catching up. I bought 5 AR receivers at $35.00 each. Here's hoping that a year from now we see those deals again.
    Crap, and I thought I got a good deal on my $80 receivers a year ago.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post
    I caught those on sale Christmas before last and got 5 at $49.95...
    I snagged a couple of those myself, plus a couple of the blemished ones they had.
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson