Thread: New Gander Mountain Firearm Super Center store

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

New Gander Mountain Firearm Super Center store

Grandville, Michigan's Gander Mountain got a make-over: They removed everything but gun stuff and filled the empty space with, well, gun stuff. Awesome!

http://www.mlive.com/business/west-m..._first_fi.html
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Impressive but I bet they won't be the low cost leaders. All that One on One is going to cost.

They were redoing the one in Merrillville just north of me a few weeks ago.
    Sounds about the same I asked if they were going out of business the way things were shoved around.
    Found a decent pair of boots for $18.
    Don't get up there that often, they used to have a decent price on "double A's" in small quantity.
    Might be worth a look I figured they were trying to keep up with Cabela's in Hammond
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

The one here became Gander Mountain Gun World. Great selection, but prices absolutely blow.

They just reopened the one by me in holland Ohio. And all they sell is guns, gun accessories and a little clothing and other small outdoor items but mostly guns. Just don't go there looking for any 9mm, 45acp or 223/5.56 ammo because you'll be disappointed. They have 40sw up the wazoo though. Went there looking for a holster and grips for my baby eagle(magnum research/IMI FS steel frame w/o rail) and nothing. They did have a bunch of mags for it though which is a first, had it since the mid 90's and have never seen a mag for it in a store and have only found 1 at the gun shows. I will have to make a return trip.

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    They just reopened the one by me in holland Ohio. And all they sell is guns, gun accessories and a little clothing and other small outdoor items but mostly guns. Just don't go there looking for any 9mm, 45acp or 223/5.56 ammo because you'll be disappointed. They have 40sw up the wazoo though. Went there looking for a holster and grips for my baby eagle(magnum research/IMI FS steel frame w/o rail) and nothing. They did have a bunch of mags for it though which is a first, had it since the mid 90's and have never seen a mag for it in a store and have only found 1 at the gun shows. I will have to make a return trip.
    Hmm, might have to check it out the next time I make a trip up to Michigan.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Quote Originally Posted by vit View Post
    The one here became Gander Mountain Gun World. Great selection, but prices absolutely blow.
    "Wisconsin's Largest Gun Store!" I haven't stepped foot in there since they redid that store. I can only imagine the prices.... I think I will take a visit there soon, maybe this Friday actually and check it out.