Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Beretta fans?

Here's an antique Beretta pistol:

It's a Model 1934 that I inherited it a few years ago. My grandfather captured it while serving in North Africa and Italy.
    Last edited by AK-J; 05-01-2013 at 10:29 AM.

That 1934 is sweet ... I wish I had capture guns that had been handed down, that is really cool!

This is a Beretta family picture ... the only one functional gun I have that was handed down. Its the Model 70 with the brown grips ... its a 32 cal that was my dad's ... I don't really know how old it is but I remember him shooting a big snapping turtle that was on our trout lines when we were fishing on the Dragoon back I was 5-6 years old, and since I'm 55, that makes it probably 50+.

The other guns are a Model 70 in 22LR I bought a 15 or so years back, a model 21A I've also had for a number of years and the 92FS posted previously.
    Last edited by kimberkid; 05-01-2013 at 06:50 AM.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Had a 92 back in the '90s and it's one I wished I would have kept. I'd still like to get my hands on a nice Inox version, I've lusted after those even when I had my regular one.

Anymore though I tend to prefer the CZ-75 type pistols when it comes to big hefty fullsize 9mm's, better ergos and I like a steel frame, but even so I wouldn't pass up a good deal on a Beretta 92 especially if it's an Inox.

My only Beretta at the moment is a 950 .25acp.....a very rare Inox version I might add.
    Last edited by weevil; 05-01-2013 at 01:34 PM.

The 92 was the gun of John McClane and Martin Riggs in "Die Hard" and "Lethal Weapon". That alone makes it special to me.

It wouldn't be the first or even second pistol I'd reach for in a gunfight but the Beretta is an underrated weapon.

I got my first 92fs when 9mm was $80 per 1000 and I'd go through a case a weekend.

Now that ammo is both rare and costly I gravitate towards other firearms but the Beretta will always hold a soft spot in my heart.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12