Thread: Glock mag adaptability question

Glock mag adaptability question

Who here own a G27 AND a 9mm glock?

Will the 9mm mags fit into and lock in the g27?

I remember years ago playing with a G26 and 27 and swapped the slides, barrels and mags, but never fired them, they all seemed to fit.

I just want to know if the 9mm Korean drums will work in my G27. I'll probably have to open up the feed lips, as long as the mag locks and the rounds fit.

BISHOP

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

They should. I've got a G35 that I use a LW 40-9 conversion barrel in. With the factory barrel I use the the G35 mags. Put in the 9mm LW barrel and I use my G17 mags.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    g17 mags will fit and lock into a g-22 so I imagine the 26/27 will as well

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Yes they will fit as the others have said. You have the two basic sizes of frame and 2 distinct mag sizes.

Why bother trying to make a 9mm magazine feed .40 Cal. With a drum it'll just be a range gun anyway. Why not just buy a conversion barrel and save yourself a few bucks per box on ammo?

A 9mm Glock EWWWWww.
    I already have a replacement barrel..... Its in 357 Sig.

BISHOP

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    Quote Originally Posted by BISHOP View Post
    A 9mm Glock EWWWWww.

BISHOP
    so what you're saying is that 9mm would be better if it ran a few hundred feet per second faster and had no choice in bullet weights?

No, a 9mm Glock is so Clichι.

BISHOP

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Re: Glock mag adaptability question

Quote Originally Posted by BISHOP View Post
    A 9mm Glock EWWWWww.

BISHOP
    Good luck with that. Ammunition is expensive and not a standard on most shelves. I owned one because the idea of a faster round. I have since grown up and realized I prefer the .40 for the size. I also have 9mm and .357 sig barrel for my g23. I sold the g31 but kept the 1k rounds for back up. I reload the .40 and plink the 9mm for practice.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Quote Originally Posted by AKTexas View Post
    Good luck with that. Ammunition is expensive and not a standard on most shelves. I owned one because the idea of a faster round. I have since grown up and realized I prefer the .40 for the size. I also have 9mm and .357 sig barrel for my g23. I sold the g31 but kept the 1k rounds for back up. I reload the .40 and plink the 9mm for practice.
    I am the exact opposite. I have never had a problem finding .357SIG and hands down it is a better all around caliber....

That being said, I have never shot a Glock in .357SIG, and from what I have read on the 'Net, most guys hate the .357SIG in a Glock.
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

I actually don't like the look of the Glock at all, but during the last gun ban they came out with that rough and tumble G26/27 modles and I thought that would make a great camping gun. Something that I can throw into a pack and forget about.
    I don't like the 9mm in general unless its "historically accurate" like an UZI ect...
    I wanted the .45 but the frame was too large and it lookes more like the full size modles. So I went with the G27.

Since then I have purchased the Pearce +1 mag plates, the belt clip thing that mounts to the slide, a few 33rd mags, holster, sig barrel... I'm happy with what I got.

BISHOP
    Last edited by BISHOP; 04-30-2013 at 04:42 PM.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Re: Glock mag adaptability question

Quote Originally Posted by Partisan1983 View Post
    I am the exact opposite. I have never had a problem finding .357SIG and hands down it is a better all around caliber....

That being said, I have never shot a Glock in .357SIG, and from what I have read on the 'Net, most guys hate the .357SIG in a Glock.
    It was common at one time but I have not bought any in seceral years. I like the feel of the 357 sig in my glock. No problem at all. Those guys are nancys.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Pretty much any brand of pistol not just Glock's .40 mags will fit into their 9mm and vice-versa.

That was one of the big selling points for the .40 is that it works in 9mm size pistols.

Since the .357 sig like the .40 is based on a 10mm case shortened to fit 9mm frames this is true for it as well.