Thread: New Magpul AK mag!!!!

Exclamation New Magpul AK mag!!!!

I cannot believe no one has posted about this.....

http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG572/PMAG
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Partisan1983 View Post
    I cannot believe no one has posted about this.....

http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG572/PMAG
    Price is listed as $0.0 dollars. Then it says Coming Late Summer 2013. Maybe this is the root of nobody talking about it. It is vaporware at the moment.

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    yes, don't hold your breath.

I'm also not going to so much as fart in it's general direction if they didn't bother to make the locking lugs out of metal.

I do question why they choose 7.62X39 and not 5.56X45......

Although, they make G36 mags, which I have never understood...there are more Galil or HK33/53/93 or non-Chicom 5.56 AK owners here in the states.

Hell I bet there are more SIG 55X series and AUG series owners than there are G36's....
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Although, they make G36 mags, which I have never understood...there are more Galil or HK33/53/93 or non-Chicom 5.56 AK owners here in the states.

Hell I bet there are more SIG 55X series and AUG series owners than there are G36's....
    I agree, plenty of Ak mags out there, 5.56 would be a better bet

Because there are probably 5,000 to 1 of 7.62x39 AK weapons vs. AK weapons in .223 / 5.56 here in the country. I researched it quite a bit in 2008 and if you remember back to the OLD Gunsnet website days the company I was working for was designing. (with my help) a 7.62x39 AK mag with metal reinforcment of the lugs and feed lips. It was going to require a progressive stamping die to form the metal parts and the injection mold to overmold those parts. We disected Blugarian and Polish Polymer mags with metal reinforcements to come up with our design. We didn't have a lipped floor plate like traditional AK mags so no issues with mag hang up in the pouch.

The housing bubble blowing up caused the demise of the company before we could get it tooled up. I still have the designs on disk, all the original design PC's got wiped and sold for scrap.
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 05-02-2013 at 10:14 PM.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

This will be the first installment of the Magpul AK magazine line. The AK MOE will be an all-polymer design, utilizing the same advanced materials and manufacturing processes as the rest of the PMAG line to achieve surprising durability. It features a removable floorplate, constant curve geometry, and high-reliability/low-friction follower for the performance you expect from a PMAG.

Due to the interface of rifle and magazine in the Kalashnikov platforms, and the leverage that critical points must withstand, we knew we couldn’t leave well-enough alone with the AK MOE before we even started designing. Also currently in development, and arriving on the heels of the AK MOE, is the next release in the PMAG AK lineup, which will be a 7.62x39 magazine with a little more “Bulgarian” in it, featuring solid steel reinforcements at lockup points.
    There will be a steel reinforced model.
    Last edited by FunkyPertwee; 05-03-2013 at 01:09 AM.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    There will be a steel reinforced model.
    That would be the one to get. No steel in the locking points = range mag only.