Thread: 25 yard offhand challenge for lever action rifles and carbiness

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin

25 yard offhand challenge for lever action rifles and carbiness

Same target as the 'Battle rifle and rimfire challenge' and same rules.
    25 yards offhand
    iron sights
    10 shots fired on one target
    one category for rimfires
    one category for centerfires

one category for scoped guns no matter what caliber but no glory or attaboys if you do

http://imageshack.us/a/img9/6374/50y...andbattlef.png

Post in this thread, mark your target with user name, date, category, score and if you would please; post a picture of the gun and ammo used.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Example:

May 14 2013 1400 hours, Old Grump, Centerfire
    Gun Win 94, 32 Win Spcl
    Ammo Remington Express 170 gr

I don't generally shoot 10 rounds rapidly out of this gun and I forgot how hot that little sucker gets. The last 3 shots I could barely hang on to the gun. Tried to get the shoot over with in a hurry because I had yard work I wanted to get to before weather rolled in.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Sounds like fun! Maybe it will get me off my but to get my Winchester sighted in. Last time I shot it the rounds were landing 2" low and 5" left at 50 yards when aiming at the bull's eye. I will get out in the next week or so.

Does this replace the other match that only you and I were shooting in?
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

I'm game.

I'll be Using a full size 336 in 35 rem.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    Sounds like fun! Maybe it will get me off my but to get my Winchester sighted in. Last time I shot it the rounds were landing 2" low and 5" left at 50 yards when aiming at the bull's eye. I will get out in the next week or so.

Does this replace the other match that only you and I were shooting in?
    Hopefully it will get people shooting and they will shoot in both. I plan on running both to December but so far lots of talk but only two shooters. I figure since nobody was wanting to shoot pistol except mostly the two of us last year I'd try something different. You would think on a gun board devoted to AK's somebody would have taken the challenge. If not maybe this one will get them out of the house to the range.

THUCYDIDES.

25 yards I can shoot at the local range, so want to try... but my .450 marlin is somewhat pricy to shoot! (But isn't anything nowadays?)
    I am the master of my fate
    I am the captain of my soul

"(The Second Amendment) isn't a law but an enumerated right, a right that we cannot allow to be corralled to make politicians and ant-gun fanatics happy." ~Old Grump

Quote Originally Posted by cevulirn View Post
    25 yards I can shoot at the local range, so want to try... but my .450 marlin is somewhat pricy to shoot! (But isn't anything nowadays?)
    The pther match is 25 yards too in spite of the title. If you have an iron sighted 22 you can still shoot in that one.

Lets see, 10 rounds a month for the next 7 months, better rearrange your budget, this could get pricey at over $3 a round. Your range is going to love you for that shooting that.

THUCYDIDES.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Here is mine. Not a good score but I am not too unhappy with the grouping. It must be me again, though. Now instead of shooting low and left I was shooting high and left, consistently. Bother. This will probably be the only time I shoot this one though. I may shoot again next month, but I don't keep a lot of .32 WSP around.

"Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member