Thread: My Collection

My Collection

Well my collection has been growing a bit lately, thanks to a nice raise at work and breaking up with my girlfriend

I was pretty giddy to find an FN-49 in 8mm at a local gun show. There are very few FN-49's floating around up here in the great white north, and even if it doesn't have an original stock, I'm more than happy. The gun is in great shape, and is a pleasure to shoot. A bit of a brute, but that soaks up the recoil of a full power rifle cartridge nicely. And about as close as I'll come to an FAL as they are prohib in Canada. Did lots of reading up on the slam-fire issue, and frankly it still seems a bit of a mystery, but I'll keep shooting it, just make sure to have my ballistic eye-wear on haha.

Finally snagged an M1 Carbine! 150 rounds through it so far without a hiccup. It's an Inland built in 1943 and it's certainly been around the block. But as long as it functions I'm happy. Again, not an easy item to find in Canada. Have just done casual plinking so far....but shot a 50 yard, inch and a half group from the prone yesterday, which is plenty impressive to me for open sights. Such a pleasure to shoot and handle.

And the M95 carbine. What a neat little hidden gem. Seems very advanced for its time. Very fast action and reloads with the en-bloc clips. Yes there is a lot of recoil but that's part of the fun. Workmanship on the rifle is excellent, and as much as I like the Mosin M44, it feels and handles like a tank compared to the slick little Austrian beauty. Plus who doesn't have fun trying to figure out how many "schritten" away the target is haha.

As always, C&R rifles continue to impress me with their longevity and quality. They certainly knew how to build them back in the day.

Enjoy the pics!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by imanaknut; 05-14-2013 at 08:44 PM. Reason: added photo :)
    "For famous men have the whole earth as their memorial: it is not only the inscriptions on their graves in their own country that mark diem out; no, in foreign lands also, not in any visible form but in people's hearts, their memory abides and grows. It is for you to try to be like them. Make up your minds that happiness depends on being free, and freedom depends on being courageous." - Pericles

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Nice family you have there!!

good looking collection, keep it growing.

welcome to the forum.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Nice collection you have started.... Wishing you Good Luck with adding more to it
    " Todays Mighty Oak....Is Yesterday's nut that held it's ground "

It is amazing how much paycheck is left at the end of the month once you have run off the double breasted wallet suckers...

Neat collection.

were gun laws are finally making since!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbicatt View Post
    double breasted wallet suckers...

Neat collection.
    roflmao!!!!!!
    only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you..1 jesus christ..2 the american soldier.. one died for your soul the other for your freedom ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Those look like some pretty good rifles. Sory to hear you can't have an FAL up there. For some reason I thought you could, obviously I was wrong.
    Doobie Doobie Doo..