Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just for Fun Challenge

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    Believe me, that is on my Christmas letter to Santa!
    Don't do like my little Norwegian buddy did, he came in January and the poor guy had to shoot in 20 below weather every day. He had to go back to Norway to thaw out.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I shot 20 rounds into two 8 inch targets at approximately 10 yards using my 1973 Polish P-64 which I conceal carry in a Galco Classic Lite shoulder holster. The ammo I used was 2008 manufactured 94 grain Silver Bear 9x18mm Mak FMJ.

Range is approximate. I used a shitty old rolotape and had to manually count the clicks. Afterwords I paced it and got 11 paces so I said close enough.

I shot the right target first then shot the left target. I was going to use the right one as warm up but decided to just show you both targets since this is informal.

"I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

BTW

On my way out to find the rolotape I stepped on a steel rake with the right side of foot, which sent the sturdy, wooden rake handle flying into my right ear and the side of my head. It sent me to the ground in a stupor and the whole side of my head has hurt since, with my ear feeling oddly numb and sore at the same time.

The whole stepping on a rake gag isn't nearly as funny in person as on TV.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Oh oh, cardinal rule of tools, pointy parts go down into the ground not up where your foot is going to be. Great grandpa and grandma used to holler at me for that and then the day came I never thought would come. You are right it ain't funny in person. Didn't seem to hurt your shooting. Can you shoot that good when your parts don't hurt and your head isn't in fuzzy land.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    I shot 20 rounds into two 8 inch targets at approximately 10 yards using my 1973 Polish P-64 which I conceal carry in a Galco Classic Lite shoulder holster. The ammo I used was 2008 manufactured 94 grain Silver Bear 9x18mm Mak FMJ.

Range is approximate. I used a shitty old rolotape and had to manually count the clicks. Afterwords I paced it and got 11 paces so I said close enough.

I shot the right target first then shot the left target. I was going to use the right one as warm up but decided to just show you both targets since this is informal.

This is what I am talking about. I love the target! Sorry about the head. I hope the rake is still useable.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

"Oh man.... I must have left those out last night when I went to go find the fire poker. Sorry man."

Thanks for the compliments on my shooting. I haven't had this gun long so I need to figure out why its hitting high left. Is it me or the nonadjustable sights?

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation

Thanks for the compliments on my shooting. I haven't had this gun long so I need to figure out why its hitting high left. Is it me or the nonadjustable sights?

probably both, do you normally shoot high and left? most of my pistol sights are drifted a bit to the right as I tend to shoot a bit left.

I'll sometimes hit high and left if I don't concentrate on a shot. I used to hit low right when I would flinch though. My group wasn't terrible so I'm not sure if I just sucked today or this gun might be a little off.

I'll just have to practice more and find out. Either way I think I'm close enough for most concealed carry purposes as it is. Just need more practice. And less head injury.

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    You're one to talk! I am happy to stay inside the 8" circle and you two are just showing off! I am just going to have to keep working at it till I am on the 5" as well.

truth be told you shoot better with a smaller target, my usual pistol targets are silhouettes between 1 1/4" -2" wide and I can usually get much better groups then if I shoot a bullseye

here's a 7 yard 10 shot group from my stallard

Took my CZ 82 out today to see how I would do with it. First, here is the pistol.

And here is the target.

I am pretty happy with that.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

NRA Endowment Member

Rock on!

Its amazing how accurate those little CZs are. I thought about shooting another target with mine today. Maybe I will next weekend.

Rock on!

Its amazing how accurate those little CZs are. I thought about shooting another target with mine today. Maybe I will next weekend.
    I am actually having to aim about 2" high, but it is consistent. Next week I am going to take out my 1911 and that will about exhaust my handguns. Well, there is a .22 SIG, but I am saving that ammo for the rifles right now.

NRA Endowment Member

Here is my final entry for this challenge. I shot it with my Springfield GI 1911.

I jerked two of the shots. One missed the target completely. It was centered and just under it.

This is what I used to shoot today. Nothing special, but I like it.

NRA Endowment Member

Pretty good considering the old GI sights on that gun.

THUCYDIDES.

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    I can only take 7 shots.
    Suck it up and do a reload.
    Geeeze.
    There's no problem an AK can't solve...........

GUNSNET Member Since 2003
    CCW Permit
    03 FFL

BTW

On my way out to find the rolotape I stepped on a steel rake with the right side of foot, which sent the sturdy, wooden rake handle flying into my right ear and the side of my head. It sent me to the ground in a stupor and the whole side of my head has hurt since, with my ear feeling oddly numb and sore at the same time.

The whole stepping on a rake gag isn't nearly as funny in person as on TV.
    I did that ONCE.
    You kinda learn these things fast, especially after seeing stars in broad daylight. OUCH.

CCW Permit
    03 FFL

I'm In

I'll shoot in the next day or two.
    I'll be shooting my CZ-82 w/Silver Bear 94 gr. FMJ.

I'll post targets when done.

CCW Permit
    03 FFL

Quote Originally Posted by slamfire51 View Post
    I'll shoot in the next day or two.
    I'll be shooting my CZ-82 w/Silver Bear 94 gr. FMJ.

I'll post targets when done.
    Excellent! Looking forward to the results!

NRA Endowment Member

June Match, I was going for a 2-3-4 hat trick, 22 cal, 38 cal and 45 caliber. Original intention was to do two targets offhand 10 yards with left and right hand. It started to sprinkle when I was shooting the 22 so I shot the 38 and 45 in the rain with just the strong hand. it was so dark I could barely see the sights but the white target helped.

THUCYDIDES.

You did quite well with the 1911.

NRA Endowment Member

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast