Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bill of sale form

Bill of sale form

For everyone to cover their butts:

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...billofsale.jpg

I have it in Word & PDF as well. PM me if you need a better copy and I'll email it to you.

Shoot safely
    The 2nd Amendment : Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moebrown20 View Post
    For everyone to cover their butts:

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...billofsale.jpg

I have it in Word & PDF as well. PM me if you need a better copy and I'll email it to you.

Shoot safely
    Good idea.I just ask to see the DL or CHL and I meet at the local Bass Pro shop or Cabelas.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

You can still, but if you have a feeling...... it's a plus to have.
    The 2nd Amendment : Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moebrown20 View Post
    You can still, but if you have a feeling...... it's a plus to have.
    Yeah just in case you need to cover your ass.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

I suppose it isn't a bad idea. I could see it saving your but in a bad situation.
    Doobie Doobie Doo..

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

you can upload a pdf here as long as its under 19.5kb

I like the idea.
    BUT
    You don't need to be 21 to buy a handgun,only 18.
    If going through an FFL,yes you must be 21.

This is Federal,state laws might differ.

Quote Originally Posted by MRIman View Post
    Yeah, states do differ.

This is the one I have used at times in the past...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Skäl
    "Where you recognize evil, speak out against it, and give no truces to your enemies." - 'Havamal'.

You have fucking got to be kidding me!!!

lol,

never freakin mind!

Quote Originally Posted by MRIman View Post
    I like the idea.
    BUT
    You don't need to be 21 to buy a handgun,only 18.
    If going through an FFL,yes you must be 21.

Yeah... under Virginia Code §18.2-308.7, "It shall be unlawful for any person under 18 years of age to knowingly and intentionally possess or transport a handgun or assault firearm anywhere in the Commonwealth." I have never been in a situation where I sold a firearm to someone under 21. Just luck of the draw. I got my PDF online and made some mods. Just left the age requirements on there for... well... no particular reason. lol
    Skäl
    "Where you recognize evil, speak out against it, and give no truces to your enemies." - 'Havamal'.

Cool

Thank's for the PDF Moe!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoff12 View Post
    Yeah... under Virginia Code §18.2-308.7, "It shall be unlawful for any person under 18 years of age to knowingly and intentionally possess or transport a handgun or assault firearm anywhere in the Commonwealth." I have never been in a situation where I sold a firearm to someone under 21. Just luck of the draw. I got my PDF online and made some mods. Just left the age requirements on there for... well... no particular reason. lol
    Yeah, That's why I have it in the WORD format so you could make minor changes if needed.

What I always use...fold in half...one to me...one to buyer.

Firearm sales receipt:

Sellers name: ________________________________

Sellers address: ________________________________

Sellers license# ________________________________

Firearm sold: ________________________________

Firearm serial# ________________________________

Amount paid: ________________________________

Buyers license #_______________________________

Buyers name: ________________________________

Buyers address:_______________________________

The buyer of this firearm is a resident of Ohio at time of sale.
    The buyer by signing this document declares he has never been convicted of a felony nor under indictment of a felony
    charge at this time of sale.

Buyer also states they have never been charged nor under indictment for the charge of domestic violence.

Sellers signature:____________________________

Buyers signature:____________________________

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

Firearm sales receipt:

Sellers name: ________________________________

Sellers address:________________________________

Sellers license#________________________________

Firearm sold: ________________________________

Firearm serial#________________________________

Amount paid: ________________________________

Buyers license#_______________________________

Buyers name: ________________________________

Buyers address:______________________________

The buyer of this firearm is a resident of Ohio at time of sale.
    The buyer by signing this document declares he has never been convicted of a felony nor under indictment of a felony
    charge at this time of sale.

Buyer also states they have never been charged nor under indictment for the charge of domestic violence.

Sellers signature:____________________________

Buyers signature:____________________________
    Patron Life member NRA

U.S. Army Combat Engineer
    237th Eng. Batt.
    Heilbronn,Germany 1976-79

Cool Wow!

So the gun control/registration efforts of the looney left aren't enough so you guys cook up your own? I would NEVER fill out something like that for a FTF sale. This sort of thing just offends me in so many ways. There is NO law even close to requiring you to keep any records of a FTF sale. There are I believe ~ 10 states that require FTF sales go through local FFL or local LEO, but I would never live in a state like that.

I believe all laws restricting sales to certain individuals all use the word "knowingly". If you are going to demand a drivers license to prove you didn't "knowingly" sell to an out of state individual are you then also going to give the individual a psychiatric eval, and run a background check to insure he is not a felon?

Why some people without even understanding their rights go right ahead and surrender them I'll never understand.

first off, this should be stickied.

second, if you dont want to use it, dont. the only one who can get fucked is YOU. and it works both ways, not just afa the buyer goes. i have seen ppl get fuck when buying a gun FROM A DEALER when it was later found out they were stolen. when the leo's come knocking on your door looking for it and you tell them "idk, i sold it to some guy, idk who it was" see how well that works out for you. you may not be guilty of anything, but it will at the least take you a few days to put your house back together after they go through everything you own with a fine tooth comb.

I'd have to agree with deth on this. You don't want to do it... don't. I am doing it for MY protection and no other reason. With the way the left has done on the past... I am not leaving anything up to a court when it comes to my future.
    Skäl

Ignorance

The ignorance of this is palpable. First of all even if you buy a firearm from an FFL it is NOT "in your name". They do a background check on you, that is all. The records are purged daily. If somehow police determined a gun was purchased from a particular FFL and they searched through that dealer's 4473 pile and find your name, that is nowhere near evidence that you committed a crime.

You folks are giving up rights, I just hate to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucenut View Post
    The records are purged daily.

hey, ive got a bridge ill sell you real cheap too!!

and everyone knows that you HAVE to commit a crime to be harrassed by the police, right??

to paraphrase your post, the ignorance of that is paplable.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucenut View Post
    The ignorance of this is palpable. First of all even if you buy a firearm from an FFL it is NOT "in your name". They do a background check on you, that is all. The records are purged daily. If somehow police determined a gun was purchased from a particular FFL and they searched through that dealer's 4473 pile and find your name, that is nowhere near evidence that you committed a crime.

You folks are giving up rights, I just hate to see it.
    Ignorance? Ignorance is not protecting yourself and not knowing how the system works. Knowledge is power. Lack of it is dangerous. You buy a gun at an FFL... it can absolutely be traced. Law Enforcement fills out ATF E-Form 3312.1. Fax it into the Trace Center and in a few days or weeks, the original buyer is known. ATF traces it from the manufacturer... to the distributor... to the dealer... dealer has this recorded in his books (required by Fed Law) and they now know who originally bought it. It doesn't take a genius to follow the trail of the sale. If the original buyer does the "I can't remember who I sold it to" bit, you can bet their gonna crawl up his/her ass with a microscope. Think they won't try to make an issue out of not knowing if you sold to a legit buyer or not? Look at today political gun climate. Might not find anything when they do look but you'll probably wish you were greased up real well before they started. Wanna try "it was stolen/lost"? Many places are passing laws that require a person to report any stolen or lost firearm and some of the penalties are pretty stiff. I suspect that if it came down to it... some stranger's head on the chopping block or mine... it ain't gonna be my head. Coming here and telling us WE are ignorant? Well... that fits the word Ignorant. I can't do any good for my family if I catch heat because some knucklehead I sold a gun to did something stupid and I can't cover my ass. Don't say not to sell the gun to the knucklehead. Sometimes it's hard to tell if someone's got problems as those problems don't always show. You never know.
    Skäl

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast