Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bill of sale form

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucenut View Post
    You folks are giving up rights, I just hate to see it.
    im just curious how making a bill of sale is giving up rights??

next time you go grocery shopping, tell them your not going to let them go through my cart and itemize your items on a receipt, becuase thats a violation of your rights.

Rochester, New York, United States, Rochester, New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoff12 View Post
    Ignorance? Ignorance is not protecting yourself and not knowing how the system works. Knowledge is power. Lack of it is dangerous. You buy a gun at an FFL... it can absolutely be traced. Law Enforcement fills out ATF E-Form 3312.1. Fax it into the Trace Center and in a few days or weeks, the original buyer is known. ATF traces it from the manufacturer... to the distributor... to the dealer... dealer has this recorded in his books (required by Fed Law) and they now know who originally bought it. It doesn't take a genius to follow the trail of the sale. If the original buyer does the "I can't remember who I sold it to" bit, you can bet their gonna crawl up his/her ass with a microscope. Think they won't try to make an issue out of not knowing if you sold to a legit buyer or not? Look at today political gun climate. Might not find anything when they do look but you'll probably wish you were greased up real well before they started. Wanna try "it was stolen/lost"? Many places are passing laws that require a person to report any stolen or lost firearm and some of the penalties are pretty stiff. I suspect that if it came down to it... some stranger's head on the chopping block or mine... it ain't gonna be my head. Coming here and telling us WE are ignorant? Well... that fits the word Ignorant. I can't do any good for my family if I catch heat because some knucklehead I sold a gun to did something stupid and I can't cover my ass. Don't say not to sell the gun to the knucklehead. Sometimes it's hard to tell if someone's got problems as those problems don't always show. You never know.
    We in NY not only have federal guidelines, but state and local too. For instance: I live in a suburb of Rochester NY I can have a FTF sale of a rifle or shotgun to anyone over the age of 18 no involvement of an FFL. I cannot sell, dispose of, or transfer a firearm in the "city" of rochester unless I am an FFL and abide by the AWB that was in place before 2004. Handguns are a different story all together. If you want to sell a handgun that you have it has to be registered and recorded on your CCW permit. You can only sell to someone who also has a CCW or is an FFL. Both partys have to go the the county clerks office and produce their CCW permits and fill out a form for the transfer. The gun is then removed from the sellers CCW and added to the buyers CCW, nice huh? I can't get high cap mags for my AK's sent to me from outside the state, but I can by all I want locally as long as they were manufactured before 1994. Ignorance of the law is no excuse. And if you say a gun was stolen, it had better be within 48 hours of when it went missing or you face a BIG fine and jail time.
    Just me and my monkey....

Guns Network Contributor 11/2011 insider's Avatar

Moral of the Story: Don't sell guns to people you don't know! I always ask for ID, and or CWP, military ID is good too. A receipt? Most deals are done on a handshake. I don't like your looks, I don't sell you a gun.

I sold all my guns and ammo, now I live the quiet retired life.

For FTF sales I always preface a deal with "Are you willing to sign a Bill-of-Sale and provide photo ID?" If they're not, then no-sale. This is the text of the Bill-of-Sale I use:

The undersigned “Seller”, in consideration of Fair Market Value, receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, does now sell, transfer and convey the following described “Firearm” together with all accompanying accessories, to the “Buyer” named below.
    Seller hereby warrants that Seller is the lawful owner of the Firearm, that such Firearm is free of all encumbrances, and that Seller has the right to sell the firearm.
    Seller transfers the firearm to Buyer on an “as is” basis and makes no warranties whatsoever, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, usability or fitness for particular purpose. Seller further disclaims any liability with regard to future possession, storage, or use of the firearm. Seller relies on buyers acknowledgements listed below in making this transfer.
    • Buyer acknowledges that Buyer is under no legal disability preventing transfer, possession, or use of the firearm.
    • Buyer acknowledges that Buyer is purchasing the firearm for their own, personal use.
    • Buyer further acknowledges that Buyer is a citizen of the United States of America and a resident of the State of Arizona.

Bill of sale form

Quote Originally Posted by Moebrown20 View Post
    For everyone to cover their butts:

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...billofsale.jpg

I have it in Word & PDF as well. PM me if you need a better copy and I'll email it to you.

Shoot safely
    Can you send me a PDF copy of this Bill of sale to Ungericht@gmail.com Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12