Thread: Price check on used Legend

Price check on used Legend

Looking at a Polytech Legend.All i know is it comes with 2 magazines and the rifle.Has been shot and don't know round count.He wants me to make offer but has said it's not a 800-1200 dollar rifle.I suppose that means he want's more.Trying to find out if he has box and acc.He said it looked like this rifle.Suppose to send more pic's.

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Hard to say without more detail and some pictures...
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    The Legend shipped with three Poly Tech mags, which are distinguishable by having three witness holes in the back to see how much ammo is loaded. All other Chinese had one hole at the 30 round mark. There were some with black followers, but the most popular had chrome followers. The mags alone are selling for around $50 each if not more. The mags in the photo do not look Chinese, and although hard to tell from the poor photo, they look plastic.

Legends are going for top dollar, always have because they were made to exact standards. Poly Tech bragged that they were the closest thing you could have to an AK Type 3 except in semi-auto only.

Personally for a used one with no Poly Tech mags, and no other accessories like the bayo and sling, $1200 would be my top dollar if I was looking for one. I have seen people wanting over $2000 for them on Gunbroker, but most don't sell in the over $2000 range unless they are in as delivered condition in box with all the accessories.

You might check Gunbroker, and look at the closed auctions to see what they really sold for. Sounds like the guy thinks he has a piece of gold there, but without anything but the rifle and aftermarket mags, I couldn't recommend anything over $1200.

That said, sometimes spending more than you think you should turns out to be a smart move. I never dreamed I would see Norinco MAK-90s going for over $500 when I bought my last one, but with a fixed supply in the land of shall not be infringed, more people getting into the hobby, and panic over possibilities of further government infringement, prices are going up, so in a year or two what is high today might be a bargain then.

Well i guess the deal wont go through.I figured 1500-1800 just because i wanted.He didn't say but the way i took it was 2200-2500 wouldn't buy it.I guess he likes it more than me.Looking on Gunbroker completed i seen them going from 1800-3500.Though most were NIB with all factory acc.Thanks for the info imanaknut.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I figure you were being very generous at $1800 since it is the rifle only, but still a really nice "rifle only". Breaking the $2000 barrier would require, in my not so humble opinion, a new or near new in box with everything they shipped with.

Sounds like you are right, the guy likes his rifle more than you do, and for what he wants, you did the right thing.