Thread: Huge WOW factor ... the Sig Sauer P220

Huge WOW factor ... the Sig Sauer P220

I've shot so many pistols by now that I've kind of gotten used to be not being "wowed" at the experience of shooting a different brand of semi-auto chambered in .45 ACP until.....the Sig Sauer P220 came along. Glock fans, this will shock and horrify you, but I traded my Glock 17 plus a few hundred bucks to acquire this German made P220 and ... I could not be more happy. (Don't worry Glockies...the G26 remains my EDC of choice!).

Here's a video I made with the Sig. I've never been more accurate with any handgun literally out of the box. I had a bit of a microphone problem (forgot to turn the darn thing on!), but you can see the results after putting a 7 round magazine, then a 10 round magazine through it from 30 feet out, I was able to get most of them through one jagged hole 1.5" to 2" wide, and for me...that's some Olympic level shooting. :thumb:

LINK TO VIDEO HERE.

The Sig Sauer P220 is the the handgun that made Sig a world player when it comes to handguns. It is rugged, high quality and extremely accurate (in the right hands, of course, not necessarily mine!). The pistol featured in this video was made in the mid-1990s in Germany and is one more highly sought after by P220 purists and fans.

(1975 - Present) Type: Pistol Calibers: 9x19mm (discontinued), .45ACP Weight: 1.9 lbs (0.86 kg) Length: 7.7 in (19.6 cm) Barrel length: 4.4 in (11.2 cm) Capacity: 9 (9x19mm), 8 (.45 ACP) Fire Modes: Semi-Auto (SA/DA, DAK, SAO)

For a great article all about the history of the Sig P220 and all its modern variants, read this article from the National Rifle Association magazine, "The American Rifleman" and if you are NOT a member of the NRA...shame on you! Join today.

Here's the Rifleman article: http://www.americanrifleman.org/Article ... 648&cid=19

Be sure to visit Sig's web site for all the variants available today: http://www.americanrifleman.org/Article ... 648&cid=19

I will keep my 229. Thanx for the input. What do think of the 250? welcome to this forum. Enjoy.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

The P250 certainly looks interesting, but I'm kind of burned out on polymer frames ... for now.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

P250 is double action only. Not what I'm into for a service pistol.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Really? That's too bad.

I LOOOVVEE my P226, P229 and my P232SL.

I will own a P220 one of these days...
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I've shot a 220, made me go umm ok, but not even close to a wow. I find my 1911 and my Glock 21 to shoot groups just as well.