Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AK or AR?

Quote Originally Posted by shadow65 View Post
    I've had multiples of both. I have 1 AK left and a few AR's. I've used an AR for some time as it was my duty weapon on the PD.
    I really do not agree to the 5.56 being an under acheiver.There are some devistating loads.
    Generally an AR is the more accurate of the two. Certainly at longer distances. An AR is very reliable so long as it is maintained properly.
    An AK is reliable regardless of how it is maintained. The 7.62 x 39 round is a good, defensive round.
    If I was in a survival situation with limited resources, an AK would definetly be by my side.
    I concur.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

I like them both.The AK gets the sneers at the range and the AR gets the drools.But when I bring out my long barreled .223 AK it gets looks of awe!Plus it shoots as good as my AR does.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

I primarly own AKs, but I'm in the process of building an AR. I've got more experience with AKs, so that's what I prefer, but that might change after I get my AR built.

swampdragon
    Quote Originally Posted by AK-J View Post
    I primarly own AKs, but I'm in the process of building an AR. I've got more experience with AKs, so that's what I prefer, but that might change after I get my AR built.
    I've got more experience with M16s and M4s ....and still prefer the AK.
    Funny world.

don't and WON'T own an ar15. Have enough ammo stockpiled not to have to worry about any 'commonality' issues if tshtf........ar's suck. YUGO ak's rule......as does mosty everything made by the yugos in the firearms world.....
    Last edited by Ruskiegunlover; 07-13-2010 at 07:41 PM.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ruskiegunlover View Post
    don't and WON'T own an ar15. Have enough ammo stockpiled not to have to worry about any 'commonality' issues if tshtf........ar's suck. YUGO ak's rule......as does mosty everything made buy by the yugos in the firearms world.....
    I said that once when I had 13 AK rifles and 2 AK pistols.I'm still wanting one of those Yugo RPK and the Yugo Krink.Just can't find any around my parts.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

AR47 1$ th3 1337 c4u4e d341t4 u$3$ 1t!!!!111

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo GED View Post
    AR47 1$ th3 1337 c4u4e d341t4 u$3$ 1t!!!!111
    Forgot my decoder ring today.

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin

If I was going to swing to the darkside it would have to be something like this. I just can't make myself get away from the 7.62x51.

So I spent some quality time this afternoon with something that looked a lot like this one. You got some convincing to do before I'm sold on anything starting with AK but I'm open.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

BOTH have their areas where they shine... BOTH have their areas where they suck.

That said, I like BOTH!
    I DON'T CALL 911

Quote Originally Posted by renegadebuck View Post
    Shit! Leave Krupski out of this!
    Fucking hilarious.
    Face your fear, accept your war.

Im an AR guy, but I would have to say the only answer the the AR/AK debate would be to own at LEAST three of each.

Quote Originally Posted by ubersoldate View Post
    Im an AR guy, but I would have to say the only answer the the AR/AK debate would be to own at LEAST three of each.
    The best post so far on this thread. Here, here.

Got the AK's coverd - working on the AR's
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ubersoldate View Post
    +2. Got the AR already, and no probs with it yet, but AK will be added once funds are available...and I get some input from you guys as to which would I should lean towards first (of many!!).
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

I'm curious to know what caused the malfunction.

Quote Originally Posted by RCS View Post
    Well, I'm going to make use of personal experience:

Today, actually, my wife took her AR out, shot it, and after firing about 35 rounds through 'er it jammed--now this may have been a magazine issue, but I don't believe so. I'm going to buy some sturdy PMAGs and see if it will fix this problem.

I haven't cleaned my AK in abut 300/400 rounds, and I don't plan to for a long, long time. It's hard to stop an AK-47.

In any combat situation, I don't want a primary that has any chance of jamming--even if it is because of a magazine.
    Independent Field tester/Research and Developement

"Better to die for something than live for nothing"
    MOLON LABE

I've seen both malfunction. Though AR-15s seem to malfunction more often... However, it seems almost all malfunctions are from either crap ammo or crap magazines in both weapons.

I have put over 200rds through my AR with no cleaning and zero malfunctions.

I like both and so far both have been very dependable.

I say own at least 1 of each :]

Should I get a 9mm or a .45.

Also, I like 1911, but I here they are outdated and should get a Glock. Is that true?
    "if you jokers can't handle Bluedog's comments you are nothing but a bunch of woosies. There's a real simple way of solving your frustration. There is a place for you to click on called "Log Out" in the upper right portion of your monitor screen while you are at this website. Just click on that and don't ever log back in here and your problems are solved." --Pogo

I have 5 AKs in 4 calibers (7.62, 5.45, .223, .308) and 5 ARs in 3 calibers (.223, .22 [A REAL .22 AR, not a clone] and 6.5)
    "if you jokers can't handle Bluedog's comments you are nothing but a bunch of woosies. There's a real simple way of solving your frustration. There is a place for you to click on called "Log Out" in the upper right portion of your monitor screen while you are at this website. Just click on that and don't ever log back in here and your problems are solved." --Pogo

Quote Originally Posted by shadow65 View Post
    I'm curious to know what caused the malfunction.
    That darn-dirty Wolf ammo. =D

Really, though. I'm not too sure. This is a new platform to me so I couldn't wrap my head around it. I need to get more trigger time with it so I can find all the kinks.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast