Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AK or AR?

Quote Originally Posted by Maser View Post
    AK of course. The AR is just an inferrior design and inferrior weapon.
    Well folks, Maser has settled this once and for all.

I'm not sure what "inferrior" means, but it cant be the same as inferior, 'cause he could have typed that just as easy.
    Last edited by Bluedog; 07-15-2010 at 03:41 PM.
    "if you jokers can't handle Bluedog's comments you are nothing but a bunch of woosies. There's a real simple way of solving your frustration. There is a place for you to click on called "Log Out" in the upper right portion of your monitor screen while you are at this website. Just click on that and don't ever log back in here and your problems are solved." --Pogo

D31t4 u$3z 4k15.

4K15 p0wnzz0rxxxxzzz!!!111oneone lolol

AK of course. The AR is just an inferrior design and inferrior weapon.
    We're talking about usung them for for shooting, not sodomizing stufed animals like you pedo-troll.

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    personally I prefer bacon and red heads....

Forum Administrator Prometheus168's Avatar

We can honestly say.. .This has NEVER been discussed on this board before.... LOL!! Ill take my AKM for simple rugged reliability...

Rusty
    GIG'EM AGGIES!
    Lieutenant of Correctional Officers- Texas Dept. Of Criminal Justice.
    Firefighter- Calvert Fire Department

Formerly know as Prometheus606

Quote Originally Posted by Broondog View Post
    i will never, EVER own a stinking fucking piece of shit AR! and not even a good one either.

they are worthless pieces of junk IMO.

AK's rule!!!

Yeah... I remember my first beer...
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory."
    -George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Well folks, Maser has settled this once and for all.

I'm not sure what "inferrior" means, but it cant be the same as inferior, 'cause he could have typed that just as easy.
    You know what it means. If not see Moe's list. I am SOOOOO glad you agree with me though.

You know what it means. If not see Moe's list. I am SOOOOO glad you agree with me though.
    I'm glad that you're glad.

Now why don't you play hide and go fuck yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by AK again View Post
    So which do you think is better, the AK47 or America's favorite black rifle, the AR/M16/M4 family? While we're at it, let's discuss 7.62x39 v. 5.56x45, shall we?

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

So what is wrong with the M14?
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

It has a lot to do with the type of shooting done and the type of shooter. The topic is subjective. I prefer an AR for the kind of shooter I am and the kind of shooting I do. With provisos. Piston operated with 6.5 Grendel chamber and currently non-existent polymer magazines (by Magpul?) designed specifically for the round would be ideal for me. The AR is a much more flexible platform for a build.

That said, if I were "visiting" Afghanistan, I would sport a full beard, wear a pakul, and tote an AKM... And have a hell of a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by AKTexas View Post
    So what is wrong with the M14?
    Not a thing. Especially now that Beta makes a C-Mag for it.

Better yet, what's wrong with the M60 A3?

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    personally I prefer bacon and red heads....
    Nothing like hitting the nail on the head!!!

Back to the topic at hand. Both!!!

Right now, I have just one AR, a DPMS M4 flat-top with an EOtech, she was a police trade in, maybe 200 rounds thru her, still very tight, zero wobble between upper and lower, chrome bolt/carrier.

On the AK side, got my trusty SAR-1, re-done into a AK-103 with a Kobra. Also, a WASR-2, like new. In the works is a Polish underfolder, a Romy "G", and my favorite one to build, a Bulgy AK-74 that will be configured into a Khyber pass type rifle.

Bottom line, This will make the zombie's puke up little Suzie in a New York minute!

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    Not a thing. Especially now that Beta makes a C-Mag for it.

Better yet, what's wrong with the M60 A3?

Now that is a weapon!
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo GED View Post
    AR47 1$ th3 1337 c4u4e d341t4 u$3$ 1t!!!!111
    Attempted Gonzo translation:

AR47 is the 1ee7? c4u4e? delta4? uses it!!!!111

Who else wants a crack at decphering his giberish!

lol

Rage

D31t4 u$3z 4k15.

4K15 p0wnzz0rxxxxzzz!!!111oneone lolol
    Second semi-translation of Gonzo's giberish:

Delta uses ak15.

Ak15 Ownes 0rxxxxzzz!!!oneone Hahahaha

Rage

I like both, I'll use both as the situation dictates. Because of my long term familiarity with the AK, and training dedicated to its use, I'll always have an AK as my "go to" weapon for sake of familiarity.
    Because you suck. And I hate you.

Proud member of GeorgiaCarry.org, Ohio CCW, and the Second Amendment Foundation. Ex-NRA member.

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression." - Thomas Paine

Brutus was a prophet.

Quote Originally Posted by American Rage View Post
    Attempted Gonzo translation:

AR47 is the 1ee7? c4u4e? delta4? uses it!!!!111

Who else wants a crack at decphering his giberish!

lol

Rage
    n00b. ;P

Okay, now for my answer: I can't say which is the best, but I can tell my experience of owning both.

Fact is that I got my first AR in 1989, four have passed through my hands since.

Got an AK after originally coming to this board goodness knows how many years ago.

The AK was designed to be both super simple as well as extremely rugged. It'll damn sure put a hurting on whatever living thing it hits. I hated the sights, which are rudimentary. Of course, I've always believed that with my eyesight I need all the help I can get. I hated the length of pull. Of course, I have extra long arms for my heighth. The safety drove me nuts as I hate to ever take my finger off the trigger, and hate even more to remove it from the grip. And you want to talk about loud? The AKs safety/dust cover could never be silenced. Worse yet, it seemed to group minute of large trash lid angle at 100 yards. Groupings of 18" were common. Admitedly, my eyesight may have played a role in the gun's accuracy.

Still, it was simple, rugged, and reliable. Ammo was cheap, mags were too and plentiful as well. Knowing that most "kills" in combat (at least before modern optics) were at less than 100 yards, the AKs short comings didn't really bother me. In fact, I liked to pretend it was a super magnumized M1 carbine, just cheaper and more reliable. And that's a good thing in anybody's book!

ARs rock! I don't care what anybody says! ARs are everything the AK isn't. I call it 'refinement.' I greatly prefer its length of pull. Its battlesights are superior in every way. And the ARs ergonomics are also far superior to the AK. Yeah, it may not be as reliable or rugged as an an AK. But don't kid yourself, a properly maintain AR is very reliable, and rugged enough to boot. Also, I should be intelligent enough to carry spares and pre-maintain my weapon before anything wears out. The end result is orange to grapefruit sized groups at 100 yards. A vast improvement over my AK groupings. The 5.56/.223s trajectory is such that I feel there's an actual chance that I could hit a target 200 or even 300 yards out from my position. The AK never came close to giving me that chance. Sure, traditionally, most kills have been at 100 yards or less, but when you need more distance it's sure nice to have.

In the end, it's a bit of a trade-off in my eyes. Although I didn't choose a weapon that is will virtually never fail because it was built for illiterates, often on the left side of the IQ scale, and thus semi-destruction proof. Instead, I did get a rifle that is still very reliable, and much more accurate in my hands. Thus giving me the potential to kill an enemy from a much greater distance. And the ability to read means I can maintain it myself. History proves that when you can hit your enemy and he can't hit back you're most likely going to win.

And that's why I'd personally choose the AR15.

Rage
    Last edited by American Rage; 07-21-2010 at 03:03 PM.

n00b. ;P
    Damn it!!!!!!!

Rage

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast