Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why I Like Glocks

Why I Like Glocks

[COLOR="#FFFFFF"]Yes, the Glock is an ugly hunk of plastic and metal. Yes, it is ridiculed by some as the "tupperware" pistol. Yes, some people turn their noses down at the thought of a Glock. It's kind of "cool" to be anti-Glock, particularly on gun forums where some regard it as a mark of their knowledge of firearms to "hate the plastic pistol" etc. Others just don't like it because they think it is has, well, a face only a mother would love. There's nothing stylish about a Glock. On the other hand: they do what they are made to do, reliably. They are very easy to maintain. They require little by way of training to learn how to get it to go bang. Some hate that they have no external safety. With a round in the chamber, all you do is pull the trigger and it goes bang and you keep pulling the trigger until the magazine runs out of ammo. That's good, for some, bad for others.

But, frankly, I like Glocks because they have a proven track record of simply working. They just work.

So, without further ado: here is my "Why I Like Glock" video, and, as always, offered respectfully, FWIW, mindful that YMMV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whvb0uIch0k
    [/COLOR][/COLOR]
    Last edited by Amsdorf; 07-04-2013 at 05:27 PM.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Thumbs up

I had to change the text color as it was invisible unless it was drag highlighted. That said I love Glocks for the reason stated in your post, they work and they work every time and they are simple to operate and maintain. Accuracy is more than adequate. My 2 cents.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Nice video and good shooting. Don't have a lot of them, G26, G35 & G29 but I've yet to have any of these three fail even once and I shoot them about as well as any other auto I have.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

I can't hit the broadside of a barn with one.

With that being said I respect there ruggedness and reliability.

I might buy one someday.
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Love my Glocks.
    Face your fear, accept your war.

were gun laws are finally making since!!!
    i freakin love my glocks too!! thats crazy you can't hit with one partisian, me and one of my friends where siting in his A.R one day at the range. i got it close for him and i was letting him dope the scope on his own, anyway we had a golfball setting up on a fence post about 50 yards out and he kept missing and missing... i finally said watch this and pulled my G-19 out and fired two shots at it (hitting it with the second
    ) i laughed my ass off while he about shit in his pants............
    Last edited by silentkilla; 07-04-2013 at 09:06 AM.
    only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you..1 jesus christ..2 the american soldier.. one died for your soul the other for your freedom ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Glocks are pretty Mark1Mod0. I've had people say the grips are not made for Human hands...

Works fine for me.

As to accuracy? I don't now what you're doing wrong, but a barn is a pretty big GD target.

First time I ever fired a Glock, was a filthy dirty, rental range gun, with the cheapest ammo available. .45 Cal full sized Glock 21.

I put the target all the way out at 75 feet and banged away at the black center, after 13 rounds I wheeled it back in to find they were all in the black and surrounding areas. about a dozen holes may have been one "whiffer" where I missed.

And I wasnt even TRYING that hard...... I was amazed at myself.

I've owned and operated a Glock 30, and Glock 17.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDuke6 View Post
    Glocks are pretty Mark1Mod0. I've had people say the grips are not made for Human hands...

Works fine for me.

As to accuracy? I don't now what you're doing wrong, but a barn is a pretty big GD target.

First time I ever fired a Glock, was a filthy dirty, rental range gun, with the cheapest ammo available. .45 Cal full sized Glock 21.

I put the target all the way out at 75 feet and banged away at the black center, after 13 rounds I wheeled it back in to find they were all in the black and surrounding areas. about a dozen holes may have been one "whiffer" where I missed.

And I wasnt even TRYING that hard...... I was amazed at myself.

I've owned and operated a Glock 30, and Glock 17.
    Hows it going? Long time no talk! I still have the Bushy.

Now I have a Noveske!!! HO HO HO!

Quote Originally Posted by TEN-32 View Post
    Love my Glocks.
    BIG MOTORHEAD FAN I SEE TOO.
    only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you..1 jesus christ..2 the american soldier.. one died for your soul the other for your freedom ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I wasn't bashing Glocks, in any way.

Many friends of mine own 'em, so I have gotten to play with a 17, 17L, 27, 34 and a 36 (all Gen 1 and Gen 2).

......Never could hit the target to save my life, with any of 'em (human silhouette at 35-50 yards, indoors)
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

not my cup of tea but I understand why those that like them do.

Man, it's been a long while since I shot mine. I like the little G19, it is as accurate as I am, and is easy to clean.

Quote Originally Posted by stubbicatt View Post
    Man, it's been a long while since I shot mine. I like the little G19, it is as accurate as I am, and is easy to clean.
    yeah i love my g19 too! if i had to carry a pistol into battle and trust my life to it,it would be that...

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

19 and 34 owner here! Great pistols!
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Partisan1983 View Post
    I wasn't bashing Glocks, in any way.

Many friends of mine own 'em, so I have gotten to play with a 17, 17L, 27, 34 and a 36 (all Gen 1 and Gen 2).

......Never could hit the target to save my life, with any of 'em (human silhouette at 35-50 yards, indoors)
    It is your trigger technique more than likely. The long travel and the way it stacks at the end will exaggerate this issue where as a short travel of a 1911 will hide it.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I have a G19 that I really enjoy shooting. I find it very comfortable to grip and I really like the way it fires, at least as compares to the Baretta M9.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by silentkilla View Post
    BIG MOTORHEAD FAN I SEE TOO.
    You could say that...LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    It is your trigger technique more than likely. The long travel and the way it stacks at the end will exaggerate this issue where as a short travel of a 1911 will hide it.
    ^This.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post

Could be. I grew up shooting 1911's and SIG's and revolvers (mostly single action).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast