Thread: Trigger Perfection! Video on the Geissele Trigger

Trigger Perfection! Video on the Geissele Trigger

I had the Geissele trigger group installed in my SCAR 17 and .... it is *amazing* how huge an improvement it is over the stock trigger that FN puts in the SCAR 17. Geissele makes triggers for a number of platforms. If you are going to do a mod on your rifle, first thing to consider is a better trigger and, in my respectful opinion, Geissele is the way to go.

Geissele Automatics make what are, beyond question, the finest after-market replacement trigger groups for a variety of firearms. Once you try one, you will understand why they are held in such high esteem by all types of shooters: civilian, law enforcement and military.

Be sure to visit their website to learn more about their products:

http://www.geissele.com

From the Geissele web site:

Geissele Automatics was established in 2004 as a manufacturer of trigger mechanisms for the AR15 rifle. Our first trigger, the Hi-Speed National Match, was designed by our Founder, Bill Geissele, for CMP and NRA Hi-Power Rifle competition. Although designed for target shooting, the Geissele Hi-Speed trigger was found by the U.S. Military to have applications in semi-automatic sniper weapons. In 2005 Geissele Automatics received a request from the Department of Defense: "Can you build us a select-fire trigger that is as good as your Hi-Speed?" In response, Bill designed the Geissele Super Select-Fire trigger (SSF). After rigorous testing the SSF was adopted by entities in the U.S. Special Operations community and has become their trigger of choice for M4 carbine based weapons. A derivative of the SSF trigger was developed to meet the needs of law enforcement and civilians who do not need select-fire capability. This trigger, the Super Semi-Automatic (SSA,) combines stellar performance with the safety, reliability and forgiveness for which 2 stage triggers are known.

The Geissele Mission Statement:

To prove, every day, that the Golden Rule works: "Do to others as you would have them do to you" Luke 6:31.

Here is the video:

http://youtu.be/1z8ovrskJOA

I love Geissele triggers! I have one version or another in all of my AR-15s.

I have got to get one for my AR!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

My interest is piqued!

I have their SSA on two of my ARs.

Before I tell you anything about it, I have to tell your about the company and their customer service. I ordered my first one off of the internet and when I went to install it in my Aero Precision lower and it wouldn't fit. I posted about it on AR-15.com and within a few hours I had a PM from a guy who's last name was Geissele asking me to call him. I spoke with him on the phone and he told me that some lowers are out of spec in terms of the radius in the front of the lower and the trunions on the hammer won't fit. He asked me to measure my lower and sent me a replacement trigger group that he had modified to be narrower so it would fit. Sure enough it dropped right in. He also told me to keep the other one and use it on something else. Sure enough a year later I bought a stag arms lower and it dropped right in fine.

Yes, he gave me a free $200+ trigger even though my lower was messed up. IMHO those guys are good people and stand behind their product.

Now the triggers? They are awesome! The stock AR trigger sucks ass, I don't know why they even bother with the single stage triggers in most lower parts kits. The Geissele is great.

You spoke to none other than the man himself, Bill Geissele. I too had some personal contact with him, and....impressive is an understatement about the experience. He is a great man doing great work.