Thread: CZ 97B Prototype in 10mm

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Thumbs up CZ 97B Prototype in 10mm

I've got a 97B in 45ACP and would love one in 10mm especially if I could get it by swapping the barrel and mags with my existing pistol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIK6cFPevmE

If this actually goes into production and you can't convert an existing 97B I think I'd probably have to do a thorough comparison with a G20 before I bought the new CZ. While I'm on the subject of the 97B has anyone one come out with a mag that will hold more than 10rds? I picked up 5-6 of the 10mm Witness mags when they were cheap and available so I've got enough mags, would just like a little more capacity. Seems that if Glock can fit 15rds in their G21 mag someone could do something with a 97B mag.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Very cool.

It would be a nice boost for 10mm if CZ got on the bandwagon.

I'm kinda surprised no one offers a 10mm conversion barrel for the 97B. But then again there's not a very big after-market for CZ stuff and the 97B isn't their most popular model.

was_peacemaker
    I am digging it! A CZ in 10mm would be a nice pistol.

I would buy a CZ in the mighty 10, in a heartbeat!
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

were gun laws are finally making since!!!
    good thing about a 10mil........... its the only ammo left on the shelves at walmart and academy
    only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you..1 jesus christ..2 the american soldier.. one died for your soul the other for your freedom ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by silentkilla View Post
    good thing about a 10mil........... its the only ammo left on the shelves at walmart and academy

My G20 has been one seeing some good range time.

10mm is my most well stocked caliber for reloading. My 9mm's have pretty much been mothballed since I really didn't reload much for this caliber and don't want to burn up my meager supplies of bullets or use up all my factory ammo.
    Last edited by weevil; 08-03-2013 at 01:07 PM.

were gun laws are finally making since!!!
    i hear you on that bud! vise versa for me. i've got alot of 9mil stored and 40cal. need to get a g20 and start collecting some 10mil though. i just don't want to have a bunch of different caliburs. my main three are 9mil. 7.62x39 and 5.56x45/223
    only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you..1 jesus christ..2 the american soldier.. one died for your soul the other for your freedom ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I've got about all the major pistol calibers.

But I mainly reload for 10mm/.40 and .45acp and my revolvers. I've got everything for 9mm but never really stocked up on bullets cause factory ammo was cheap and plentiful.

Rifles I'm stocked up great on 30-30 and .308 components but don't even have dies for 7.62x39. Luckily I"ve got a nice stockpile of it.
    Last edited by weevil; 08-03-2013 at 04:24 PM.