Thread: Starting to sound like a broken record....ANOTHER new AR mag

Starting to sound like a broken record....ANOTHER new AR mag

http://us.hkwebshop.com/HKWebShop/sh...mID/10116//279

My bullshit detector though is screaming at me about this one....

Why is Cal. spelt with a C and not a K?

Why is the Made In Germany not formed in the polymer (like all other German made poly mags)?

Why is it not Date Coded like everything else made in Germany, Switzerland etc. etc.?

Why is it only available for sale within the USA?
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

NOTE: This product is only to be sold within the United States. This product is not available for sale in California, Colorado, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Aurora, IL, Chicago, IL, and South Bend, IN. Overseas sales (outside of the USA) restricted.
    Its probably made by a third party for export (from Germany) only.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Its probably made by a third party for export (from Germany) only.
    Umarex maybe ? (The company that makes Walther P22's and SIG Mosquito's and other products)
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Partisan1983 View Post
    Umarex maybe ? (The company that makes Walther P22's and SIG Mosquito's and other products)
    Thats my suspicion.

Being for US export only makes me question the quality of these mags if they don't trust them to send them to overseas militaries or law enforcement agencies.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

It says H&K ... they can just suck-it! Probably their first attempts at trying to bail their bankrupt asses out by pandering to the American firearms consumer after snubbing them for 2 decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    It says H&K ... they can just suck-it! Probably their first attempts at trying to bail their bankrupt asses out by pandering to the American firearms consumer after snubbing them for 2 decades.
    Umarex already makes products with an H&K logo....I am 99% certain these are not made by H&K.

Umarex is a third party, that makes only crap to sell to the American market, to capitalize on foreign investment (in a way)...at least IMHO

So what if they go bankrupt?!?!? They already have 2 or 3 times now in the last 20 years or so...hell they aren't even a private or publicly owned company anymore, and they haven't been since the last time they went up for sale.

Ever hear of ITAR, International Traffic in Arms law?
    Many gun related items are prohibited from being exported under the law.

Magpul has a notice on their web site for their magazines:

EXPORT NOTICE: This is an item controlled for export by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). These controls take the form of export regulations and license requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by dfariswheel View Post

Ever hear of ITAR, International Traffic in Arms law?
    Many gun related items are prohibited from being exported under the law.

Magpul has a notice on their web site for their magazines:

EXPORT NOTICE: This is an item controlled for export by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). These controls take the form of export regulations and license requirements.

That only concerns USA made things....not stuff from a foreign country.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Don't know if this mag is any good but I can say finally (after getting to the range) that the Troy Industries Battle Mag is top notch. I got them in January and loaded 2 up. Just fired them today and they were flawless. I ran rounds through 4 of the 12 I purchased and they all worked great in 3 rifles. They worked in 3 different rifles built on; a Rock River lower, a Stag lower and a DPMS lower. So if anyone is seriously looking for a synthetic magazine I say try the Troy Battle mags.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Don't know if this mag is any good but I can say finally (after getting to the range) that the Troy Industries Battle Mag is top notch. I got them in January and loaded 2 up. Just fired them today and they were flawless. I ran rounds through 4 of the 12 I purchased and they all worked great in 3 rifles. They worked in 3 different rifles built on; a Rock River lower, a Stag lower and a DPMS lower. So if anyone is seriously looking for a synthetic magazine I say try the Troy Battle mags.
    I agree on the Troy mags.

I even accidently dropped one off a high balcony, it hit concrete on its floor plate then made a big jump and nosedived into the mud. It didn't lose any rounds and its not beat up at all. After cleaning it it looks new.