Thread: Anybody know anything about the Century Arms 53 pistol???

Question Anybody know anything about the Century Arms 53 pistol???

I am curious to know what the feedback is?

I still kick myself for not picking up a Vector made one, when they were still around.
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Sorry, no experience with one.

if it's anything like the 93's they put out it should be good.

Just measure the gap prior to buying.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Damn...the more and more I read about 'em, it's just not worth it.

The 53 is a completely different animal from the 13/33/43/93.....there are currently 3 companies doing 53 builds that are top notch (comparable to German factory). Since we are still not allowed non FA or C&R SBR's, I am limited to a 53 pistol...but the cost is well outta my budget

I would rather spend a few K more and get some type of transferable toy.
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

were gun laws are finally making since!!!
    hate to do it but, hkpro.com. talk to ghilliebear2000 from parabellum combat, chopstix kid from dakota tactical, or a guy named dj-f i believe his name is. he make some bad ass hk clones. and could probably tell you anything you want to know about the 53 because the build them all the time in group orders.
    only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you..1 jesus christ..2 the american soldier.. one died for your soul the other for your freedom ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by silentkilla View Post
    hate to do it but, hkpro.com. talk to ghilliebear2000 from parabellum combat, chopstix kid from dakota tactical, or a guy named dj-f i believe his name is. he make some bad ass hk clones. and could probably tell you anything you want to know about the 53 because the build them all the time in group orders.
    They all do a great job. I have been a member over there for over 12 years.

I just cannot justify the cost for a toy...if that makes sense.

COOL DID NOT KNOW THAT. whats your screen name over there. pm me if you don't want to say it out loud..
    only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you..1 jesus christ..2 the american soldier.. one died for your soul the other for your freedom ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Not gonna say......lot's of BS, and it's all in the past. (I have 3 handles over their...last I checked)

I hold no grudges.....I also no longer post...

Quote Originally Posted by Partisan1983 View Post
    Not gonna say......lot's of BS, and it's all in the past. (I have 3 handles over their...last I checked)

I hold no grudges.....I also no longer post...
    no prob man. i know how some of them are over their.

I cant find anything on a C53 pistol, but I've got a C93 pistol ... I got it to go with my V-91 pistol and SW-89 SBR.

I bought it about a year ago to use with my registered sear, in semi it was fine but had problems with extraction in auto, I got a 53 locking piece and it runs like butter now.

The 223 is my favorite, the 9 is fun but a little weak, 308 is a bit much.

Last edited by kimberkid; 07-30-2013 at 08:11 PM.

thats just freaking awsome kimber!!!! i've never seen the pistol version of a 53 either just the rifle version

thats just freaking awsome kimber!!!! i've never seen the pistol version of a 53 either just the rifle version
    Thats the thing about Century builds ... they are hit and miss and if you buy them on-line, you have to get into them cheap enough you can either spend the money to make them right or sell it and not get hurt too bad. I got into this one for $650 and eventually I'm going to clean up the welds and have a nice finish put on it as it appears to have been painted with a cut-rate hi-temp grill paint.

Until I had my sear I had zero interest in the 93/53 pistol as I was kind of dissapointed in my cloned MP5-SBR it was just missing something ... which turned out to be the happy switch, but even then it was kinda weak. Now I just leave the sear pack on the 93/53.

Quote Originally Posted by kimberkid View Post
    Thats the thing about Century builds ... they are hit and miss and if you buy them on-line, you have to get into them cheap enough you can either spend the money to make them right or sell it and not get hurt too bad. I got into this one for $650 and eventually I'm going to clean up the welds and have a nice finish put on it as it appears to have been painted with a cut-rate hi-temp grill paint.

Until I had my sear I had zero interest in the 93/53 pistol as I was kind of dissapointed in my cloned MP5-SBR it was just missing something ... which turned out to be the happy switch, but even then it was kinda weak. Now I just leave the sear pack on the 93/53.
    if you don't mind what kind of process is it to get the sear pack? and how much???

if you don't mind what kind of process is it to get the sear pack? and how much???
    Not Kimberkid but ... it should be an NFA registered item on a from 4. In other words it is treated as a machinegun and it takes the usual $200 bucks, 2 sets of finger prints, filling out the form 4 and a huge shit-pile of money to buy it, probably $10,000 buck range.

Schuetzenman is pretty much spot on except that since Sandy Hook machine guns have spiked in price again, registered auto sears are closer to $17K and up. The nice thing about a sear; like an M16 lower it can be a host to other uppers!

Quote Originally Posted by kimberkid View Post
    Schuetzenman is pretty much spot on except that since Sandy Hook machine guns have spiked in price again, registered auto sears are closer to $17K and up. The nice thing about a sear; like an M16 lower it can be a host to other uppers!
    Figures they like all evil weapons went up. Just one more reason unless I hit Lotto I'll never own anything that is NFA other than a suppressor.

HOLY MOTHER OF CHRIST MAN. i can see a full auto going for that, but a damn little piece of metal and a stamp? jeez. i'll just get the 350 dollar bump fire stock...lol