Thread: Armalite reported to have been sold.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

Armalite reported to have been sold.

http://infobrodcast.blogspot.com/201...ar-10-and.html

I know Armalite was/is on some people's 'shit list' because they didn't go step-for-step with other gun businesses who are doing boycotts to all the gun hating states. Wonder if this will change their minds; I may be more open to Armalite now.

PS. Mods, if this subject has already been posted feel free to delete this thread.
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Hadn't heard it. I'm surprised they actually have 90 employees. I can't think of the last time I walked into a gunshop and actually saw an Armalite rifle of any make on the rack. With all the success of most black rifle makers the Armalite product seems to be missing in action.

Guns Network Contributor 11/2011 insider's Avatar

WOW, Armalite used to be in the top 5 of AR makers, what happened to them???
    I sold all my guns and ammo, now I live the quiet retired life.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    WOW, Armalite used to be in the top 5 of AR makers, what happened to them???
    When you are on the top, there is only one direction to go unless you really put a lot of effort into it.

In the case of Armalite, I am guessing they stayed where they were, but others got into the business and caught up with them. Their AR-10 is still among, if not the best of the factory built .308s.

local place has one of their new ar-10's

while nice, the price tag is hideous as usual.

If you want an armalite, go to walmart.
    My local had an ar-10 for $1039
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    local place has one of their new ar-10's

while nice, the price tag is hideous as usual.

If you want an armalite, go to walmart.
    My local had an ar-10 for $1039
    Dang. Wish my local wal-marts sold guns period. I'd be looking hard at an ar-10 for just over 1k.
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Hope they decide to make an original AR180........ I want one of them and can use spare parts for my AR18.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Hope they decide to make an original AR180........ I want one of them and can use spare parts for my AR18.
    I kinda wanted an improved AR-180b. I didn't like their choice of materials, but making them compatible with standard AR mags and fire control group was a smart choice in my opinion. Now I just want one with a stamped sheet metal receiver and all the pre-ban goodies.

BTW I haven't been able to watch The Terminator in years without telling the people around me that someone on my gun forum has that exact AR-18 (probably).
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    I kinda wanted an improved AR-180b. I didn't like their choice of materials, but making them compatible with standard AR mags and fire control group was a smart choice in my opinion. Now I just want one with a stamped sheet metal receiver and all the pre-ban goodies.

BTW I haven't been able to watch The Terminator in years without telling the people around me that someone on my gun forum has that exact AR-18 (probably).
    unfortunately I haven't been able to verify it, a guy from Stembridge actually was kind enough to call me after I contacted them and couldn't verify it Oh well Not gonna cry about it right? After all it's one of about 400 transferables in the US. The mag issue is insignificant. I converted a bunch of AR mags, you just double up a couple dremel cutting wheels and make a slot. I hear you on the fire control group.

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!