Thread: Sig Sauer P238 .380 - Opinions?

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Sig Sauer P238 .380 - Opinions?

Widner's has them on sale....

http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.c...m_id=100001292

I'm not sure I'd like the single action only design...
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

I don't own one but, from what the general consensus is that I have read about 'em, they are very soft shooting and accurate compared to others in their class.

Some people have had issues and they had to send 'em back to SIG to get fixed.

Other's have issues with it damaging the case mouth of spent brass (only about 5-10 rounds out of a 100). But the damage is very minimal and can be fixed if you reload.

Have you also looked at the P938?
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

I have the P232-S... kinda heavy for a 6 shot .380... shoots good, but I like the CZ82 better and hit better with it...
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

The P238 is very different. It is not in the same class as a P230 or P232. Think of the P238 as a Colt Mustang competitor...

I own an all German P232SL that I will never sell. The accuracy and reliability is insane.

Obviously you live in a very different area than I do. I have to wear winter coats that weigh more than ANY all metal pistol. We also are allowed open carry (no license required).

I do feel for you guys in states that have 8 month long summers and you have to keep everything "completely" hidden...my work environment has such extreme's that even the weight of my clothes bother me.

How about the P290?
    Last edited by Partisan1983; 08-07-2013 at 04:48 PM.
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

The lack of full open carry pisses me off about Texas... We all carry open in my rural neighborhood...

My P226 is the pistol I like... NO WAY I can carry it nine months of the year. Too hot for a heavy coat and it is too big and thick.

Forgot to mention that Colt mags will work in the SIG P238.

And most guys prefer the 7rd mags in the P238.

I'll have to look at one.

The P6 isn't what I wanted in a carry pistol. I'll find something I like.

A lot of people have recommended the Ruger LC9...

A lot of guys prefer the P238 over the LC9.

Comparing the two they all say the same thing , the P238 slide is easier to rack, the mag is easier to load and it is much more accurate and softer shooting. The LC9 does weigh a few oz's lighter and it is cheaper.