Thread: Man challenging constitutionality of gun permit revocation

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Post Man challenging constitutionality of gun permit revocation

Friday, September 17, 2010

Man challenging constitutionality of gun permit revocation

By Gary V. Murray TELEGRAM & GAZETTE STAFF
    gmurray@telegram.com

WORCESTER — Citing a recent U.S. Supreme Court decision, a Shrewsbury man is challenging the constitutionality of a state law under which his license to carry a firearm was revoked five years ago by Police Chief Gary J. Gemme.

Lawyer Mel L. Greenberg, who represents Raymond J. Holden, filed an amended petition in Central District Court Sept. 10 appealing Chief Gemme’s 2005 revocation of Mr. Holden’s firearm’s license based on a determination that Mr. Holden was not a “suitable person” to carry a gun.

To read the rest of the story click the link below.

http://www.telegram.com/article/2010...100919634/1116

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

Mr. Holden, who has a place of business in Worcester, had been granted a license to carry a firearm in 2001, but the license was suspended by Chief Gemme on Sept. 14, 2005, four days after Mr. Holden was arraigned in Westboro District Court for an alleged assault on his wife.

The assault and battery complaint was dismissed Oct. 3, 2005, after Mr. Holden’s wife recanted a statement in a Shrewsbury Police Department incident report.

Judge Dennis J. Brennan, since retired, then ordered the reinstatement of Mr. Holden’s license in light of the dismissal of the assault charge. Chief Gemme followed the court’s order, but then revoked the license, saying he could consider underlying evidence that a crime had occurred even if a charge had been dismissed.
    UN FKING BELIEVABLE!
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

No kiding what ever happened to inocent until proven guilty by a court of law?
    Doobie Doobie Doo..

Iron Pumping Bastard aliceinchains's Avatar

The thing i don't like about this whole CC . It is based on who is issuing the license. So if Chief Gemme has a hard on for you well i guess he is going to fuck you.
    I am sitting in my angry chair!

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    No kiding what ever happened to inocent until proven guilty by a court of law?
    Certain gun laws in Illinois "require" the defendant to prove they are "eligible" to use exemptions to those specific charges in order to USE those exemptions!
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”