Thread: $111 Million dollars create 55 jobs..

$111 Million dollars create 55 jobs..

The Los Angeles City Controller said on Thursday the city's use of its share of the $800 billion federal stimulus fund has been disappointing.
    The city received $111 million in stimulus under American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) approved by the Congress more than year ago.

I'm disappointed that we've only created or retained 55 jobs after receiving $111 million," says Wendy Greuel, the city's controller, while releasing an audit report.
    "With our local unemployment rate over 12% we need to do a better job cutting red tape and putting Angelenos back to work,” she added.
    According to the report, the Los Angeles Department of Public Works generated only 45.46 jobs (the fraction of a job created or retained correlates to the number of actual hours of work) after receiving $70.65 million, while the target was 238 jobs.
    Similarly, the city’s department of transportation, armed with a $40.8 million fund, created only 9 jobs in place of an expected 26 jobs.

The audit says the numbers were disappointing due to bureaucratic red tape, absence of competitive bidding for projects in private sectors, inappropriate tracking of stimulus money and a laxity in bringing out timely job reports.
    “While it doesn’t appear that any of the ARRA funds were misspent, the City needs to do a better job expediting the process
    http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/6322...ndy-greuel.htm
    They spent $111 million and created 55 jobs; that's $2,018181.82 per job. By their statement that no money was "misspent" shows us how out of touch with reality our Federal, State and local governments are....

The bad news is The City of LA spent two million and 0bama spent a lot more..

Is it really any surprise? Their healthcare program spends over $134,000 to insure a family of four. I've said it before, to give this Congress more money is to waste it.

But how many were saved by the 111 million? That's where the investment is!

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick
    I've said it before, to give this Congress more money is to waste it.
    The problem is that we are not giving them the money, they're just stealing it!
    Last edited by cciota; 09-18-2010 at 11:42 AM.
    "Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...
    Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number,
    its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Iron Maiden

It is no surprise to me. Example you take all the stimulis money spent, divide it by every citizen in the US and give each an equale share. I don't remember what the figure was but it was a lot. The figures would be even more impressive if you divided it to every adult and left out the kids. I have to figure if the government had gone that way I don't see how we posibly couldn't be better off then we are now. They are basicly just pissing the moeny away in a very inefcient manner.
    Doobie Doobie Doo..

Quote Originally Posted by cciota View Post
    But how many were saved by the 111 million? That's where the investment is!

The problem is that we are not giving them the money, they're just stealing it!
    It is even worse than that, they are barrowing it. Stealing it would imply there was money to steal in the first place. I don't see how this isn't going to lead to inflaution on the long run, or economic ruin. It will probably lead to both I will bet.
    Doobie Doobie Doo..

The stimulus plan ended up being a payback for those who contributed to obama's win, and to place as many Congressmen's names on as many pieces of concrete as possible.

They're digging a giant ditch on the north end of town here, then presumably filling it back in...

Quote Originally Posted by matshock View Post
    They're digging a giant ditch on the north end of town here, then presumably filling it back in...

I also saw that they are re-doing a large part of N. Rainbow Blvd, that was just done 3 years ago, and seemed OK at the time. Now, there are signs showing it being paid by stimulous $$$.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

It is completely obvious that the money is being stolen = period.

I call it "stolen" when its used to give the UAW 51% share (controlling!) of GM.

That's just one of the larger thefts.

It's all been dished out in a preferencial way and most of its ended up in the pockets of the corrupt bastards that have control in the given situation.

And all we do is piss and moan and say "November is coming" - me included.

I can't help but be critical of myslef and all of us for not taking immediate action as is called for by the Constitution itself.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Article 5?

Iron Pumping Bastard aliceinchains's Avatar

111, Just draw a line across the top and it is a shit house.
    I am sitting in my angry chair!

They are putting a four lane road where a two lane road was perfectly adequate.

From the looks of things; the four lanes will end after a few miles so it is for show and totally useless... It sounds as if the road and a democrat have a lot in common..

Iron Pumping Bastard aliceinchains's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HDR View Post
    They are putting a four lane road where a two lane road was perfectly adequate.

From the looks of things; the four lanes will end after a few miles so it is for show and totally useless... It sounds as if the road and a democrat have a lot in common..

The old horse and pony show. Come and watch us make an ass out of you.
    I am sitting in my angry chair!

Quote Originally Posted by aliceinchains View Post
    The old horse and pony show. Come and watch us make an ass out of you.
    Definitely all show and useless unless wasting the taxpayer's money is considered useful...

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by HDR View Post
    They spent $111 million and created 55 jobs; that's $2,018181.82 per job. By their statement that no money was "misspent" shows us how out of touch with reality our Federal, State and local governments are....

The bad news is The City of LA spent two million and 0bama spent a lot more..
    No shit.... I wonder what exactly mis-spent would entail!

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    No shit.... I wonder what exactly mis-spent would entail!
    Graft, corruption, waste, etc..