Thread: Opinions and Pricing Please

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Question Opinions and Pricing Please

Found a few items that I might go take a look at this weekend.

First is a D-Max Industries carbine in 10mm. From what I've read these use a modified M3 magazine. Read a couple of review on the .45ACP and 9mm versions that were favorable but nothing about the 10mm model. Any thoughts on price and or info on this model in general?

This one is listed as a Mosin sniper in 7.62x54r but it doesn't look right to me. I think it's a .22lr and not 7.62.

Lastly is this SVT40. Look like the metal has been painted or something. Mag looks pretty new. Stock might have been sanded. If solid and I can strip the paint I'm thinking it should be around an $800 rifle now days maybe more? Been a while since I sold my last SVT40 and I think I'd like another.

Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    the .22 is a polish training rifle that somebody stuck a PU scope on.

I'd go with the SVT if it's under $1k due to it's "WORK"

Shy away from the D-max.. parts basically dont exist.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

The D Max.... not a clue...

The .22; only if you REALLY wanted it.

The SVT... those are nice rifles. I not sure it is painted, maybe patina... Most are refurbs (I have one), but if not, most of the blueing would be gone now...
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Thanks to all for the replies. Just noticed the SVT40 is missing the cleaning rod. I think it's paint and not bluing loss because it look awfully uniform including the rear sight and triggerguard. I've seen and owned some Milsurps with some pretty good wear and it was never this even. Bought a M91 once, sold it to a Gunsnet member as I recall in NC or SC that when I bought it had the trigger and various other parts painted gold. Brake fluid stripped the paint off real well and the blueing was just fine. What possesses some folks is beyond me?
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Just to chime in, the D-Max while nice would become a paperweight if something broke, parts are impossible to find.

The SVT would have to be fondled to see if it is just reflection in the picture that makes it look silver, bluing totally gone, or actual paint over blue which would be fairly easy to fix. The SVT is nice, but only if you can really run your hands over it to see what was really done to it.

The Polish 22 trainer goes around 350 if not fucked with. That one is. Not even a real PU scope. Too bad.
    I would have to see the SVT in person. Too many things that could be wrong with this one - it's not a simple machine like the AK. Under 800. Perhaps 500-600.

Thanks again for the replies. The SVT40 is probably the only one I'll seriously be considering if I can make it to check it out. Wife needs a car so may spend tomorrow car shopping. Same place has a 44mag and a 41mag Desert Eagle I might look at. Also a Ruger Blackhawk, 4 5/8" bbl in 41 mag with a brass frame. IIRC the brass frame is pretty scarce and worth a pretty penny.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068