Thread: We should have a new topic specifically for

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

We should have a new topic specifically for

Fud guns. Half my collection is currently sporting firearms by Remington, Winchester and Marlin. A forum section specifically for that would be interesting for sure.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

I used to chase AK's .. now all i do is chase old commercial rifles/shotguns.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Start it here, post a picture of your favorite Elmer Fudd firearm.

Not necessarily a new forum, but this thread would work, and if it catches on, who knows.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

General Firearms is tailor made for your Fudd Gun Posts. Post away those photos.

Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    Fud guns. Half my collection is currently sporting firearms by Remington, Winchester and Marlin. A forum section specifically for that would be interesting for sure.
    Do you mean a "hunting forum", or a forum for "firearms typically used by hunters"?

I ask because I have no idea what a "Fudd gun" is. For example, I own a Remington 870, but I don't hunt. What's a "fudd gun"?

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I'll start, and I have the perfect fudd gun. In fact, I think I have seen old Elmer with a gun much like this one trying to shoot Bugs and Daffy. This is my new Winchester Model 101. I have not used it hunting but it sure busts some clays.

"Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Do you mean a "hunting forum", or a forum for "firearms typically used by hunters"?

I ask because I have no idea what a "Fudd gun" is. For example, I own a Remington 870, but I don't hunt. What's a "fudd gun"?
    The trap and skeet bird hunter guys and bolt action deer rifle guys are the Fudds and therefore their rifles are Fudd guns. These are usually associated with people that think "nobody needs to own an AK or one of them there AR15 things". So I guess Fudd guns could be defined as conventional hunting long guns; shotguns and rifles of bolt action design.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Fudd gun.

Mossberg 835..........and yes I've shot lots of duckies and bunnies plus plenty of other little furry and feathered critters with it.

Not Fudd gun.

Mossberg 500 Persuader.......8 shot with no little stick in the mag, heatshield instead of a rib on the barrel. Had a pistol grip but that was brutal to shoot.

Other than wiping out a target stand with slugs, it hasn't ended the life of anything.
    Last edited by weevil; 08-15-2013 at 12:00 AM.

Marlin .35 cal model 336 C. does that count?
    http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Firear...rfire/336c.asp
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    Marlin .35 cal model 336 C. does that count?
    http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Firear...rfire/336c.asp
    I hope so. Then I can post a picture of my Model 94.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

NRA Endowment Member

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Savage model 10 smokeless powder muzzle loader, haven't taken it hunting yet, but i killed quite a few shoot-n-see targets.....those things taste like crap,i don't care how you cook em.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

A Fudd Gun, is any Hunting Rifle, used by a Hunter who know's nothing about our type of Rifles, and usually is anti-Military style Weapon's. Fudd's are not our Friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobe Sound AK View Post
    A Fudd Gun, is any Hunting Rifle, used by a Hunter who know's nothing about our type of Rifles, and usually is anti-Military style Weapon's. Fudd's are not our Friends.
    They are not necessarily our enemies either. They at least have weapons and need to be reminded, carefully, that the Second Amendment has nothing to do with hunting. Because they already see some guns as a useful tool it is not as hard to get them to see the logic that they are all useful tools, when used in a legal manner.

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    They are not necessarily our enemies either. They at least have weapons and need to be reminded, carefully, that the Second Amendment has nothing to do with hunting. Because they already see some guns as a useful tool it is not as hard to get them to see the logic that they are all useful tools, when used in a legal manner.
    You might think that but I've experienced Fudds first hand and they are NOT our allies. They will do the "Let's give them up and the bad guys will go away" thing on us black rifle owners. Thinking that if they side with the anti-gunners that they will ONLY take our evil black guns. They are soooooooooo wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    You might think that but I've experienced Fudds first hand and they are NOT our allies. They will do the "Let's give them up and the bad guys will go away" thing on us black rifle owners. Thinking that if they side with the anti-gunners that they will ONLY take our evil black guns. They are soooooooooo wrong!
    I didn't say they were our allies, I just said they were not our enemies. I didn't even say we should trust them. We have to get them to understand that if our black rifles go, as soon as the next shooting happens theirs will be the next target, then after the next shooting, the shotguns will go, until there is nothing left. I realize they will throw us under the bus to keep their hunting and sporting guns, but they understand guns are tools, we have to show them that they are all useful.

NRA Endowment Member