Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dont give a anothe cent to these assholes.

What was this guy supposed to be instructor of? Marketing? Training? From the link it sure looks like the is unqalified for either. Maybe he was supposed to teach people how to assemble stuff?
    Doobie Doobie Doo..

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    What was this guy supposed to be instructor of? Marketing? Training? From the link it sure looks like the is unqalified for either. Maybe he was supposed to teach people how to assemble stuff?
    Says EOD in the article.

Thanks must have missed that part.
    Doobie Doobie Doo..

Let's toss some gasoline onto this fire shall we?

Troy has also hired Lon Horiuchi’s partner:

Dale Monroe was Lon Horiuchi’s partner at Ruby Ridge.

Remember Ruby Ridge?
    http://www.gunssavelife.com/?p=8860

I was on the fence about Troy. NOT ANYMORE!!!
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

Why don't they bring on Mayor Bloomberg as a "consultant".

Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    My opinion of Troy Industries has been substantially lowered but I'm not tossing them to the side just yet. If they ever do anything like this again then I'll flush them down the toilet of eternal boycott. Only Troy products I own are one of their Single point slings and a dozen battle mags.
    Start flushing my friend...... See the posts about Lon Horiuchi's partner being on the payroll......

Delivering supplies to the Alamo for round two.
    They just made my permanent shit list.

Very happy that I've never bought any of their crap.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stinker View Post
    They just made my permanent shit list.

Very happy that I've never bought any of their crap.
    Unfortunately it's pretty good crap, especially the magazines.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Unfortunately it's pretty good crap, especially the magazines.
    That's always the bitch. Principles or quality product.

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

After today, it's all historical.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunreference1 View Post
    This sums up Troy in this situation completely:
    “Troy Industries had no knowledge of Mr. Weis’ political leanings or stance on the Second Amendment as we are not involved in Chicago politics,” Ranelli explained.
    First, the damn well SHOULD know and damn well SHOULD be involved in any 2A politics.
    Second, if the really didn't know (and I doubt it) it shows a huge level of incompetence in screening potential employees. They're either liers, or incompetent. Troy, take you pick.

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

This would be like an automotive company hiring Al Gore to be head of the truck and SUV division, or Boeing hiring Osama bin Laden, or Pepsi hiring Bloomberg, or the producers of The Biggest Loser hiring Rosie O'Donnell as a coach, or America's Got Talent having nothing but foreign contestants.... Oh, wait, bad example.... You get the picture.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Delivering supplies to the Alamo for round two.
    Quote Originally Posted by skorpion View Post
    This would be like an automotive company hiring Al Gore to be head of the truck and SUV division, or Boeing hiring Osama bin Laden, or Pepsi hiring Bloomberg, or the producers of The Biggest Loser hiring Rosie O'Donnell as a coach, or America's Got Talent having nothing but foreign contestants.... Oh, wait, bad example.... You get the picture.
    You left out hiring Peewee Herman as a childrens movie theater attendant.
    History has a severe case of stuttering complicated by chronic hiccups.
    It always repeats itself and it never fails that something will go horribly wrong along the way.

Direct democracy is a gang rape. Eight men vote to rape one woman and the woman has to accept it because the majority decided that it was ok. A constitutional republic on the other hand is eight men and one woman with a full mag. Think about it for a while until it hurts your head.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

Here's some more info, FWIW.

Troy Industries' first response regarding Dale Monroe from Facebook on August 22:

"We thank everyone for their opinions on Dale Monroe. We are still reviewing Mr. Monroe’s relationship with Troy Asymmetric and are looking in to the claims that are being made online.

We have reviewed the 1995 Ruby Ridge Congressional testimony and found at 1:42:35 of the taping, it is indeed Ed Wenger who says he would have shot, had Special Agent Horiuchi not shot first. http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/67153-1

The attribution of the statement on gunssavelife.com to Mr. Monroe is incorrect. After reviewing the testimony, we are confident that you, too, will find that it is indeed Wenger that made the statement, not Monroe.

Monroe was an FBI HRT member assigned a mission which turned tragic. We are saddened by the events at Ruby Ridge and recognize the significance of the tragedy. If you’ve never worn a uniform, you might not understand why Monroe was in the situation he was in, but if you have worn a uniform, you know how it is to follow orders in a fluid situation."

We’re weighing a difficult decision with many facets and things to consider. One thing we know for sure: Mr. Monroe did not state that he would have fired first. We do hope you will take the time to review all of the available materials on Ruby Ridge and Dale Monroe, and welcome your comments, as they will most certainly help us to reach a final, informed decision.

An updated response on Facebook on August 23:

"The accusations that Mr. Monroe would have taken a shot at Vicki Weaver are false. His Congressional testimony affirms that had he a better vantage point, he was prepared to shoot at Kevin Harris, the armed combatant posing an immediate threat to him, his team, and everyone at the scene.

Tragedy lies in the fact that the shot intended for Kevin Harris reached its target, but also struck Vicki Weaver, positioned out of sight, behind a door. For the past 20 years, Mr. Monroe has shared his experiences across the country through many presentations and a television appearance. During these presentations, he explained the mistakes which led up to the tragedy and the valuable lessons learned from the event. While nothing can change what happened that day, Dale's firsthand account imparts valuable tools to our nation’s law enforcement. I'm confident that his experience at that incident taught him more than the other countless successful missions he completed as an FBI HRT Operator.

It's easy in an emotionally charged situation where a mother's life has been taken, to lose sight of the facts. In our most trying times and failures we have an opportunity to rise above and distinguish ourselves to be people of character and honor. I know Dale Monroe to be such a man.

As a Troy Asymmetric instructor, he has the opportunity to prevent future tragedies like Ruby Ridge. We are proud to have him on our team.

-Steve Troy"
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

Just posted by Troy Ind. via FB:

I appreciate having the opportunity to speak to members of this forum. Troy Asymmetric, part of the “World of Troy,” is a business entity with a director who until this past week, held exclusive hiring authority. I am its owner, it bears my name and as we have witnessed in recent days, effects public opinion of all Troy divisions. Earlier this week, I terminated an instructor who did not support the Second Amendment as ardently as I and members of the community do.

Troy Asymmetric provides training to military and law enforcement personnel. If you spend 5 seconds on the website you’ll see a graphical depiction of a bomb explosion - the primary focus of the company. Take a moment to read the course list and you’ll note a common theme: training pertaining to explosions, bomb threats, post-blast crime scenes, incident command and crisis management. Instructors’ primary areas of expertise lie in the “bomb world,” with EOD experience, critical incident response, and tactical decision making. Some posters on the forum have said we only train “Jack Booted Thugs” and there is a secret agenda. These same posters conveniently ignore Troy Prepared: www.troyprepared.com. Troy Asymmetric to this date has offered no firearms training for Gov’t and LE, but in comparison, Troy Prepared has always offered firearms training to qualified civilians. From a factual, non-emotional context, it is impossible to draw the conclusion that we somehow do not support the Second Amendment and are only training “secret army”.

On August 22, 1992, Dale was an HRT Operator tasked to a mission in which he found himself facing armed adversaries. His thoughts were not only on the situation at hand, but the tragic death of a child and a U.S. Marshal. During this type of confrontation when people die, you don’t have the ability to pick sides, they are drawn before you arrive. Dale did what he was trained to do as a sniper / observer. He was fortunate not to have to take a life at this engagement. Special Agent Horiuchi made the regrettable shot, a mistake for which he will never be forgiven. Of the FBI Agents assigned to the Ruby Ridge tragedy, Dale has been one of the most outspoken. He has delivered dozens of presentations to more than 1000 civilians titled “Mistakes and Lessons of Ruby Ridge”. I weighed carefully the decision whether or not to retain Dale and could find no ethical or moral reason to remove him. Dale has not committed a criminal act, he answered all questions honestly, he did not cover anything up and he did not shoot anyone at Ruby Ridge. Dale was asked to join TA for his critical incident management expertise. Dale was never slated by TA for firearms instruction.

We all know from our biggest failures come the greatest lessons in life. Providing training that is relevant with experienced, qualified instructors can prevent a tragedy like Ruby Ridge. Dale will be able to deliver this powerful message and lessons learned in crisis management and incident command. I am driven and passionate about bringing effective change through pertinent training and speakers that have lived through these nightmares. Many times I have seen posts in forums that state “if you weren’t there then SDASTFU”, with that same school of thought, there is no one better than Dale to speak about tragedies like Ruby Ridge.

I have been a longtime and outspoken supporter of the Second Amendment. I always choose to do what’s right, even if my stance goes against others opinion. I will not throw this man to the wolves as he has demonstrated throughout his life high integrity and honor. I know most of those who would disagree are using this forum to voice your anger towards the United States Government. In some cases that anger is justified. The Ruby Ridge tragedy and the loss of life there make no bigger example of abuse of power and Government gone wrong. However, I disagree with your personal attacks on my family and company as we are not the Government and we are not training “Jack Booted Thugs”. I am a patriot and I swore to uphold and defend the Constitution of The United States, all of it. Those who have taken that same oath recognize the importance of keeping it. Thank you. -Steve Troy
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    yeah, they're really starting to piss me off with this bullshit YOU FUCKS SCREWED UP, REALLY BAD, Now is the time for people to pick sides, and you picked the wrong one.

It's like they hired a rapist and are now saying "But he's not such a bad guy, just look at how much lube he used!"

Dear Steve Troy. I don't think you should write the apology letters anymore. You most likely did not get the reaction from your customer base you thought you would - in fact, it PISSED ME OFF EVEN MORE!!!! Don't feed me bullshit and tell me it's Foie gras.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12