Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need some help finding a flash hider i can pin on

were gun laws are finally making since!!!

need some help finding a flash hider i can pin on

ok guys, i need some help in a serious way! my buddy has sold me a bushmaster patrolman upper. and come to find out the flash hider cracked on him so he pulled it off and i now have a 14.7 inch barrel! illegal!!!!!! so now i need some help finding a flash hider thats 2 inches long for this upper and all i can find is the threaded type. can anyone help me with this matter? thanks if so..
    only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you..1 jesus christ..2 the american soldier.. one died for your soul the other for your freedom ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    you may want to keep your dogs and wife/baby inside the house for a few days.

quit crying "illegal" like a it's the end of the world.. shit breaks, take the actions to fix it.

theres a couple sites that sell 1.5" flash hiders.

here.. you can probly find cheaper ones.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-A...-p/bcm-a2x.htm
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

do what??? i don't have it here homeboy... an't that dumb. anyways do you know where i can find one? does brownell's sell them? or do you have to find a 2 inch flash hider and drill it out and put a hole in it yourself for the pin then weld it in? how does this work?? i need to put one on it like quick if you know what i mean.
    only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you..1 jesus christ..2 the american soldier.. one died for your soul the other for your freedom ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    quit crying "illegal" like a it's the end of the world.. shit breaks, take the actions to fix it.

thanks

you dont need a 2"
    14.7 + 1.5 ='s 16.2
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

it is in a illegal state right this minute. don't have a form 1 on it. flash hider cracked on my buddy and he never replaced it. couldn't turn dowm a upper for 350 bucks though. whole thing BCG and all

you dont need a 2"
    14.7 + 1.5 ='s 16.2
    gotcha man did not know they sold 1.5 inch thought only 2 inch on the pinned type.... my bad

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

it should be a std fh threaded on then drilled and pinned. your saying theres no threads on the barrel and it was pressed on? ive never seen that on an ar before.

unless it was that stupid ak-74 brake bushmaster had.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Blind pinned is ok, if you can't push the pin out it doesn't have to be welded in. Drill a hole that does not go 100% through to the other side. Check depth of hole, cut pin to go flush, drive in pin and done. OR you can high temp silver solder one on but that is hard on a barrel as you have to get it cherry red to flow the sliver solder.

Quote Originally Posted by deth502 View Post
    it should be a std fh threaded on then drilled and pinned. your saying theres no threads on the barrel and it was pressed on? ive never seen that on an ar before.
    the barrel is a m-4 type and at the end it only has a indention for a pin. and yes i think what helen keller is talking about the ak brake is what was on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Blind pinned is ok, if you can't push the pin out it doesn't have to be welded in. Drill a hole that does not go 100% through to the other side. Check depth of hole, cut pin to go flush, drive in pin and done. OR you can high temp silver solder one on but that is hard on a barrel as you have to get it cherry red to flow the sliver solder.
    good thing i weld for a living.. lol, Shuetz the barrel i have has no threads on it and every fh i've come across has threads do i need to drill them out to make it work? good thing about it the link hellen gave me has the 1.5 inch fh that is predrilled to pin.

guess i'm screwed on finding a correct one for this model.. going to try and drill the threads out of one i have and make it work hopefully. then i can drill a hole for the pin and pin it... any suggestions on what to use for the pin??

well screwed again.... the FH i have come off of a pencil barrel and the m-4 profile barrel i have on this upper the o.d of the barrel is alot bigger. can not make a standard FH work.... shit

if it comes down to it, get it threaded then perm attach any 1.5" or longer FH you want.

when the 94 AWB went away so did alot of anything pressed/pinned.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

if it comes down to it, get it threaded then perm attach any 1.5" or longer FH you want.

when the 94 AWB went away so did alot of anything pressed/pinned.
    wher its was pinned on before its got a indention in the barrel where the pin slid through how do they get past all that to thread it properly??

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

A gunsmith may have to smooth it up or turn it down before threading.

It sounds like you need to take it to a gunsmith. An NFA upper is fine as long as it isn't assembled with a lower. I wouldn't store it with a lower nearby either.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

or buy yo'self another lower and make a pistol of it.

or just suck it up and sell/trade it to somebody.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    A gunsmith may have to smooth it up or turn it down before threading.

It sounds like you need to take it to a gunsmith. An NFA upper is fine as long as it isn't assembled with a lower. I wouldn't store it with a lower nearby either.
    did not think about a lathe...... it not on a lower but it is sitting in my safe.. so thats a no no??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast