Thread: got a 1967 bayonet yesterday.

got a 1967 bayonet yesterday.

was at the San Francisco (Cow Palace) gun show yesterday.

Been trying to get one of the old straight blade bayonets that fits the AR15/M16. Ca,e across a table that had a brand new,...never issued,...still sealed in the plastic and container bayonet. Dealer said it was made in 1968.

I bought it for $50.

as I was leaving the table, dealer asked if I wanted a sheath to go with it. As I was only buying the blade. He showed me a scabbord that he said was also from the 1960s. New. I bought it for $25. When I looked at it I had a feeling something was not quite right but couldnt put my finger on it at that second. I put it back on the table twice. I eventually gave in. Once I got it home and had a look at it,..the penny dropped.

It was missing the wire hook needed to hang it from the pistol belt. Mothe*$^@+

I opened up the sealed plastic and took out the bayonet. A stiff and clean as can be. On the packaging it was marked with a National Stock Number (NSN) of 1005-073-9238.

So I Googled this number and came back with this for 1967?
    http://www.vietnamgear.com/kit.aspx?kit=387

Took out my magnifying glass and sure enough its marked IMPERIAL US M7.

all in all pretty good gun show. Some weird weather moved in and it was the most uncomfortable, humid, muggy, gun show Ive been too. I left early because of it. Last time it was this humid we had a massive earthquake

Ammo not too bad. $7.00 a box of 20 rounds Winchester, 5.56mm white box. Gorgeous blond from Southern Cal behind the counter.

bought a little mini folding straight razor for the BOB/rucksack. not bad for $15.

Neoprene gun mats for AR15 and 870 shotgun for $20 each. 3 solid steel, long handled, punches to knock the pins out of my 870 and Ar15, ect. $10.

anyone else been to a gun show lately. If so,..how was it?

I went to the OGCA show last weekend, it was the best show I'd been to in a long time. I found alot of interesting little stuff, but the buy of the day was a Westinghouse M91 for $200.

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    I went to the OGCA show last weekend, it was the best show I'd been to in a long time. I found alot of interesting little stuff, but the buy of the day was a Westinghouse M91 for $200.
    WOW !!!

Did you buy a lottery ticket that day also ?
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Yeah no kiding I would love to pick up a westinghouse M91 for $200 asuming it isn't beat to crap.
    Doobie Doobie Doo..

The bluing is probably 85%, the stock is the original English Contract marked stock, although it does show some use, it is SA marker with a hang tag (my first M91 to have one), Finn sling hangers and rod. The bore is bright and shiny as well.

We have one this weekend in RC. One guy has a Westinghouse AND a Remington M91, as well as a couple of Finnish I want to say M28s (or they could be M39s I dunno). Did't have a price on any of them.

As far as deals go, picked up a GI High Standard barrel for my Remington Rand for $40, and a barrelled action MAK 90 w/busted front trunion and bolt for $200. Receivers in good shape for having an OBKB. Kid I bought it from has been trying to peddle the damn thing for over a year and was asking $350 for it for forever. Guess he got sick of lugging the damn thing around.

Other than that, not much else worth a shit at our show. We'll see what another day brings, I guess.

Oh, there were a couple of Norinco Toks in 9x19 for under $200, but they were both gone like the wind within 2 hrs of my arrival yesterday.
    How do you compromise with someone when their idea of compromise is to give them what THEY want?

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.