Thread: Sources for Calico magazines?

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Sources for Calico magazines?

For the longest time, I've been looking for a source of Calico 9mm magazines (50- or 100-round) other than CDNN but I haven't had any luck. Has anyone ever stumbled across any places selling them online? I can't go with CDNN because for some reason they will not ship 31+ round magazines to Ohio. It's legal to purchase, import, and own 30+ round magazines in Ohio, it's just not legal to insert them into non-NFA firearms (stupid obscure law that was only recently defined). I do most of my shooting in Pennsylvania so it's moot anyway. Thanks in advance.

CDNN:
    http://www.cdnninvestments.com/calicomags.html

Ohio residents cannot receive Centerfire Magazines over 30rds.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    They are listed at Calico's website but nowhere near the price at CDNN.

http://www.calicolightweaponsystems.com/store/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=9mm+magazine&S ubmit.x=-1163&Submit.y=-7&Submit=Search

For the heck of it, check gunbroker and see if anyone has them listed at a price close to CDNN.

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Thanks, for the link, 'Nut. I didn't know that their website was still active. Pricing on Gunbroker seems similar to Calico's offerings. Looks like I may have to go with the Calico website. Heck, might as well pick up a mag pouch or two from them since they have them.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I have been a fan of Calico for a long time. The original company was sold to a holding company that not only destroyed all records of the early rifles, but refused to talk about them when I called. The holding company then sold the rights, along with inventory to three former Calico employees who during the clinton reign of terror was able to sell replacement parts, but not the vault full of firearms that were then considered unsalable. I got to know them very well, spending a lot of time on the phone learning about their operation, and just being friendly. They then sold the rights to the current group which had the resources to begin manufacture and sale of new rifles and pistols.

In the photo below, the people at Calico that I became friendly with verified that the rifle with the yellow mag was most likely modified by one of their people who enjoyed "seeing what he could do". Unfortunately because the holding company destroyed all the records there was no way to trace who actually did it and when. I have been looking for a 9mm version, the one with the collapsing stock similar to an MP5, but never found one worth spending money on.