Thread: AK barrel threading assistance

AK barrel threading assistance

Can anybody recommend a good gunsmith that will allow you to ship complete guns to the shop and return them when the work is complete and who specializes in AKs? I have a couple of AKs and a couple of DRACOs that I need to have someone check the barrel dimensions and thread for a flash hider/suppressor adapter and if necessary replace the barrel with one suitable to the task. And yes, I understand the issues related to suppressing AKs. So, anybody out there that you folks can recommend?

Thanks,

Phil

Face your fear, accept your war.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skyking View Post
    Can anybody recommend a good gunsmith that will allow you to ship complete guns to the shop and return them when the work is complete and who specializes in AKs? I have a couple of AKs and a couple of DRACOs that I need to have someone check the barrel dimensions and thread for a flash hider/suppressor adapter and if necessary replace the barrel with one suitable to the task. And yes, I understand the issues related to suppressing AKs. So, anybody out there that you folks can recommend?

Thanks,

Phil
    Draco pistols are already threaded. You just need to bust the spot weld holding the thread protector on.

If your other rifles have standard bare muzzles, just buy, rent, or borrow an AK muzzle threading kit. They're super easy to do at home.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Welcome to this forum, enjoy!
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

All,

Thanks for the quick replies. I am going to SBR the two Dracos and the two AKs I already started on had pinned on flash hiders. I have a friend that knows a lot more about this stuff than I do, we were hoping to find threads, but he used a mill (I think that was what it was, looked like a massive drill press.) to cut the flash hiders off...and there is nothing there. One reason I don't want to do the Dracos myself is their poor reputation for barrel bore concentricity (Did I spell that right?). I will look at Krebs and see if anybody else pipes up, but in the meantime - Thanks again!

Phil