Thread: Comp $$$

Comp $$$

Anybody else missing their comp $$$ from the gobment shut down? E-benefits shows a payment made to my bank, but it ain't there?

Still no go? And I know better than to try to call the VA. It's bad enough when there isn't a shut down. It's kinda like someone went home before they pushed the "enter" key, to allow my EFT? BUT, because e-benefits shows that the transfer was made to my bank, only God knows where it is? Also my first EFT (5/01/13) went to the wrong bank. Took 4 months for ME to provide the VA with the information that the bank requires, to refund the money. Had to contact treasury department, to get the complete number of the wrong account, as e-benefits only showed the last 4 numbers. Got hold of the bank, and they verified that the payment was in that account, and that it wasn't in my name. The bank gave me their fax number for their EFT department, and told me that the VA would have to fax a form on letter head, requesting the payment be returned. VA said it would then be re-issued to my bank account. Well, the payment no longer shows up on e-benefits, but it never made it to my bank either. So technically, I'm now missing 2 payments. What a mess.

The govenment never sends me money. I have to send it to them.

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 00RedZX-6R View Post
    The govenment never sends me money. I have to send it to them.
    They take "their" share before I get mine...
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Gunsnet Contributor 02/14

My payment comes at the end of the month. I don't see any problem getting it now....My big issue is my ongoing agent orange exposure claim. chris3

I just talked to the VA again this morning. Totally screwed up. They, after I had to explain to them how to do it, got a refund from the first EFT (05/01/2013) that they put into the wrong bank. OK, good, however, when that refund came back, they suspended my payments because it had went to the wrong bank. So Oct 1st, no $$. VA this morning said they are waiting for a reply from the regional office, as to what the problem is ???? So as it stands, I'm 2 payments behind. I hope something shows up 11/01.

Still nothing, now 3 payments behind. But I did finally realize that just because we are talking to someone on the phone, from a government agency, that they are not computers, and can make mistakes, just like the rest of us. Nothing is automatic, and everything depends on human intervention. Fingers crossed.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Dumb question...but you did confirm that they do indeed have the right bank routing number and account number, and didn't enter it wrong in the computer?
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Oh yea, we confirm that every time I talk to them, not exaggerating, but probably 30 times since May 1st. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that something shows up 12/1

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Ok. I'm going to give you a link to the Veterans Benefits Forum. This place has a lot of vets and they can help with most any problem that comes up with the VA.

http://vets.yuku.com/
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Santa came early! Got a check in the mail today, 12/09, for 4 payments that I was missing. Thanks for the comments and advice.