Thread: Bump fired the AK for the first time

Bump fired the AK for the first time

This past Saturday, I took several people from our Bible Study Group at Church to the shooting range. A few had their own guns and I brought several.

My SLR-101S was the favorite. I had fun helping and watching people shoot my guns. But I wanted to dump the mag on the AK. Never tried it before, only seen videos on youtube. Wow, that was pretty cool. About 4 seconds of pure enjoyment lol. Should have videod it. Easier than I thought it would be. Can't really aim though lol.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Yep it is fun, but it is also a quick way to wear out the throat on the barrel and burn through a lot of money. I gave up bumping when ammo went from 9 cents a round to 20 cents +.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    It is fun, but dangerous as it is not aimed fire, and I have seen many "bumpers" with smiles on their faces as the rounds fly over the berms. Just hope there is several miles of open space in the direction people shoot so that the rounds come down without incident.

Funny, I have been trying to organize a church group for a range visit, and we have a spot on our property that would be perfect. There are just fears of not being able to control who uses it, but I am still working on using the local uniformed civilians to be alerted when we are using it, and when we are not just in case someone doesn't like the signs that say "Church members only". Signs unfortunately stop nobody.

Glad you enjoyed your SLR-101S, they are really nice AK variants.

There are some guys on here that have learned to bump fire from the shoulder.

I have been doing it since before it was called bump firing and was just the Hellfire device that I learned could be done without the device.
    I have never learned to do it from the shoulder.

I can do it from the shoulder with the Slidefire Stock on an AR15...

The AK is basically made to fire in FA. BUT when people start bumping the gun, everybody starts to talk about how its going to wear out the gun.....
    I realy don't think that anybody is going to wear out ther semi auto AK even after 1k of bumpfiring.
    Hoow old are some of those AKs that our boys have taken from the Talban, they still function.

BISHOP

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BISHOP View Post
    There are some guys on here that have learned to bump fire from the shoulder.

I have been doing it since before it was called bump firing and was just the Hellfire device that I learned could be done without the device.
    I have never learned to do it from the shoulder.

I can do it from the shoulder with the Slidefire Stock on an AR15...

The AK is basically made to fire in FA. BUT when people start bumping the gun, everybody starts to talk about how its going to wear out the gun.....
    I realy don't think that anybody is going to wear out ther semi auto AK even after 1k of bumpfiring.
    Hoow old are some of those AKs that our boys have taken from the Talban, they still function.

BISHOP
    Its not a matter of FUNCTION its a matter of group sizes. A barrel on an AK could be worn to the point of being a smooth bore but the weapon will still function. The group size otoh will be wash tub sized vs. say fist sized at 100 yards as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Yep it is fun, but it is also a quick way to wear out the throat on the barrel and burn through a lot of money. I gave up bumping when ammo went from 9 cents a round to 20 cents +.
    Like anything else I guess when I first discovered bump firing I liked it and practiced it some to get pretty at controlling it and doing a mag dump fairly fast but those days are over with. After the ammo shortage years, I don't waste ammo anymore.

I am not sure it is a shortage issue but a price issue
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..