Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amazing sight at Walmart

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Get ready for some "sticker shock"!

On Monday, a LGS had some Winchester bulk 555 rd. .22LR for $29.99 (pre-tax). That makes it 5.4 cents/rd., compared to previously bought 500 rd. bricks at $9.99 (1.99 cents/rd.)

For the past year, the two local WalFarts have not had ANY .22LR on display every time I was in the stores. The shelf tags had read $21.97 for both Remington 550 bulk and Winchester 555 bulk.

They still had no ammo on display when I went in today but I nearly tossed my cookies when I saw the new price on the shelf tag. WalFart has more than doubled the price!!

The new price is now
    $51.97 for the Winchester 555 bulk ammo!!!
    Wow that really sucks because throughout most of this walmart has not been gouging us. Well shit I aint buyin at that price.

Yesterday I was there looking around and they had a ton of 5.56 XM stuff. Some boxes of .223 too, Fed and Win. All bulk packs. I think all the flood 5.56 XM ammo may be the rejects, still good, stuff. For the 150 rds they wanted sixty something for it. Before the panic, I bought 200rds of the real stuff in boxes and plastic sealed for around the same. The Federal .223 was one hundred for low forties. No 22. lr/l/shorts. No 9mm, but there was still some 40 WWB and a box of 45 personal defense. Tons of Shotgun stuff.

I did not buy anything. I felt the price was still too high, and maybe if the fools see this stuff sit for awhile it will finally normalize back down. I must not be the only one, because this was latter in the day and the shelves had not been stripped bare. People need to remember that .223/5.56 is not made of gold.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12