Thread: NY legal AR Stocks, I Handled Some

NY legal AR Stocks, I Handled Some

I saw recently at the local gun shop the new NY legal AR stocks, and got to handle the examples set out. In NY the tried to register/ban all AR rifles by rewording the old AWB and adding thumbhole stocks to the evil feature list. They thought, given the guns buffer tube design that they had really got one over on gun owners. Immediately after the signing people started to think of legal ways of exercising their rights, and help their fellow gun owner until the damage could be undone. You probably remember the prototype picture that circled the community in the time after. It was pretty much universally despised as ugly. It retails about at about $180. It is sad in a way, like WWII baby gasmasks, that this is needed in the home of the free.

Not me by the way.

In a weird way, I kind of like the look/feel of this stock. It didn’t give off major ergonomic alarms while I was handling them. It didn’t seem to be cheaply made, or add unnecessary weight to the rifle. It shouldered alright on me, and I kind of like the video game look it gives. I also like its heart in that it is a big middle finger to the anti-rights people who thought they had been so clever when they forced through there anti-American legislation. All that said, I have not got a chance to shoot one yet. It could be the worst stock ever. Also, it is so new, no one knows how reliable it is. It might fall apart, or shoot the buffer in your face. There is also the principle of the matter, as in the law is trash and gov anddy can go in the trash can too.

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

It looks like a good design that was well thought-out: Ergonomic and features multiple sling attachments. The second image you posted actually is a neat-looking rifle. New Yorkers can still use 10-round mags, am I correct? The catch is that you may only legally load seven cartridges into it?
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

These are a popular option in Cali as well.

creepily I kinda like it.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Yes, that sounds about right. It is a little iffy right now, because that arrogant fool of a gov just couldn’t stop himself from yelling about deer and seven bullets. Because most firearms manufacturers don’t make seven round mags, it acted as a ban. The new law was put in greater jeopardy then they thought, so they temporarily backed of to this garbage. Funny enough, you can still have your old AWB OK normal capacity mags, but you can’t load more than seven in them.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

If I was limited to ten rounds or less, I might focus on top loading rifles like the M1 Garand, M1a using stripper clips, SKS, and so on.

What might be an even better idea for New Yorkers is a Mini-14 with a fixed 10 round magazine and a stripper clip guide built into the receiver (think M1a strippers).
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Delivering supplies to the Alamo for round two.
    Someone tries to sales pitch it as a "tactical low profile sniper stock" in the rest of the more normal parts of the country in 3...2...1...

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Creative ... but an abortion none the less.

can you guys use the bullet button up there? Its a popular option in CA, you get to have all of the fun features except a mag release. To drop a mag you have to put something smaller than your finger into the mag release, I usually use a chamber flag but, well, you can guess it's called a bullet button for a reason.

It sucks, I don't like it, but its a work around that you can reverse if need be someday and on the range it's not that much of a hindrance.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    can you guys use the bullet button up there? Its a popular option in CA, you get to have all of the fun features except a mag release. To drop a mag you have to put something smaller than your finger into the mag release, I usually use a chamber flag but, well, you can guess it's called a bullet button for a reason.

It sucks, I don't like it, but its a work around that you can reverse if need be someday and on the range it's not that much of a hindrance.
    Someone should make a ring with a point on it made it to press the bullet button, so you could just wear the tool on your finger.

Maybe. I've never seen a bullet button in person, thank God.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

I would buy one just to support the company that makes it ok to have an AR in NY.