Thread: The Texas VA rep at Fort Worth clinic...

Gunsnet Contributor 02/14

The Texas VA rep at Fort Worth clinic...

IS NOT YOUR FRIEND. How this guy keeps his job is beyond me. I went to see him last Friday to discuss my denied claim for herbicide exposure while serving in Thailand in 67-68. He read my denial letter and echoed what it said, vet did not serve in Vietnam nor does the vets military medical records show any treatment for prostate cancer while on active duty. WTF. He also said dioxin herbicides were only used at U Tapao in 1965 so I could not have been exposed. I showed him a copy of the VA web site stating Thailand vets may have been exposed between 62 and 71. I also discovered that agent orange has a half life of 9-15 years in top soil. I am going to speak with a rep at the Dallas hospital tomorrow and get a second opinion. I really hate to spend the money on a lawyer but it looks like I may have to. Updates to follow.....chris3

Gunsnet Contributor 02/14

Here is the latest....I met with the DAV rep in Dallas. I made the switch to allow the DAV to represent me with the VA. I feel really good about what I was told. The DAV rep said he never has seen the VNCM, that is the green and white striped ribbon on the medal, awarded to anyone that had not set foot in Vietnam proper. I told him I received that medal at the monthy officer's call when I returned to the world. The award is right there on my 214. Now, the long appeal process starts. It is looking good so far....chris3

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Are they submitting it as a "CUE", i.e., "clear and unmistakable error"?
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR