I posted a thread somewhere about somebody who went to extremes in accurizing an AK, but I can't seem to find it. In that thread, Schuetzenman pointed out the rear sight bounce (shown in video below). Obviously when the rear sight bounces like that, it's not going to hold zero. But just as a little experiment, I placed a 7.62x39 laser bore sight in my chamber and looke down the sights. I then flicked the rear sight up an let it fall on its own a few times. I was amazed at just how noticeable the change of the position of my laser in relation to my front sight post was. It got me thinking.

What if instead of using a leaf sight sitting on a springy piece of steel and "drum" sliding up a ramp to adjiust elevation for range the rear sight sat on a ramp that was permanently fixed in place, and you simply used a button similar in style to what is used to move the drum to move the rear sight forward and back on the ramp with a guide rail keeping the sight fixed from moving vertically? I've looked everywhere to see if this idea had ever come up, but I'm coming up empty handed and product search shows nothing.