Thread: The NRA has obtained a Department of Justice memo calling for national gun registration and confiscation.

The NRA has obtained a Department of Justice memo calling for national gun registration and confiscation.

The National Rifle Association has obtained a Department of Justice memo calling for national gun registration and confiscation. The nine page “cursory summary” on current gun control initiatives was not officially released by the Obama administration.
    The DOJ memo (downloadable here as a PDF) states the administration “believes that a gun ban will not work without mandatory gun confiscation,” according to the NRA, and thinks universal background checks “won’t work without requiring national gun registration.” Obama has yet to publicly support national registration or firearms confiscation, although the memo reveals his administration is moving in that direction.
    an wiThe memo stands in stark contrast to the administration’s public stance on so-called gun control. White House spokesman Jay Carney said last month that laws proposed by Obama would not “take away a gun from a single law-abiding American.”
    The NRA declined to explain how it obtained the document. The memo was written by the acting director of the Justice Department’s National Institute of Justice, Greg Ridgeway. It is dated January 4, two weeks before Obama mounted his attack on the Second Amendment following the Sandy Hook massacre. Ridgeway came to the Justice Department from the RAND corporation.

If that link doesn't work then try this one... http://bearingarms.com/yes-an-obama-...-registration/
    "If you can't be with the one you love ....love the one your with"

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

This is no surprise to those who follow history and those who can think logically. Clinton's AWB was mostly a political win because it did not remove the guns already in the population. If guns are so bad it is not enough to prevent people from buying them, the guns have to be removed. That President Obama has not pushed for that shows what a political animal he is.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Obama knows the time isn't right for this to be implemented. There has to be a few more "mass shootings" to justify his involvement and actions.

I'm sure "something" is in the works already.....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

It wouldn't surprise me, considering his "training" by the likes of Davis and Alinsky, if some major "disorder" occurs sometime between next spring and early 2016 that "requires" Dumbo to declare marshall law. Then he can suspend the elections and remain in power.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”