Thread: PAP M92 PV Pistol 7.62mmX39mm

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

I have no use for one but wonder who assembled them and what receiver they have. Can't see how they can sell them that cheap and make profit.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Killer deal!

The .223 version is even less! http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...22+Steel+Black

And .223 mags for $16.99 http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...s_id/711014615
    Last edited by FunkyPertwee; 12-04-2013 at 11:49 PM.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Receivers are Yugo / Bosnian as far as I can tell. That said, I don't find $400 buck range to be all that cheap. SAR series Romanians were selling for $278 wholesale when they first came on the market and soon dropped to $225. Recent AK prices in my world are hugely overpriced and I wouldn't pay that much for one.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Receivers are Yugo / Bosnian as far as I can tell. That said, I don't find $400 buck range to be all that cheap. SAR series Romanians were selling for $278 wholesale when they first came on the market and soon dropped to $225. Recent AK prices in my world are hugely overpriced and I wouldn't pay that much for one.
    I understand your perspective, I remember those prices too.

However, I haven't seen those prices in over five years and I don't think they're coming back, so if I want an AK I've got to be willing to pay for it. Besides, when AKs were cheap we couldn't have most pistol variants because of the AWB, so they've never really been cheap anyway.

I got a Draco for $350 a few years ago and that was a really good deal for a factory built AK, even for a pistol version. This is only $80-100 more and probably has much better fit and finish. I basically had to go in and hand fit almost part in that Draco to make it run; I seriously doubt that would be the case with one of these Serbian guns.

I remember back in 2003 or so that even though we had it made with cheap AKs and ammunition, all I ever heard in the forums was how much better it was in the 80's.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    FunkyPertwee makes a good and scary point.

Those of us who remember the 80s when commercial AKs/AKMs were coming into this country were saddened by what Bush1 did, resulting in the bush-hole stock rifles of the early 90s which we complained about.

Then there were the European rifles coming in during the later 1990s which we complained about as we mourned the passing of all Chinese variants.

Then when ATF banned those rifles, and their prices went up we complained about what was coming in which was basically rifles of lessor quality and higher prices.

When quality got better with most "kit builds" and Euro single stack imports then modified for standard mags, we complained that they went up a bit. Then the obama-scare hit and prices really skyrocketed on everything.

The sad thing is that when prices started to come down on the latest of imports or kit builds it is sad that the prices really don't reflect the true cost or to me and others, value of an AKM. Sad that in countries that don't have the right of the people to keep and bear arms that shall not be infringed, they can buy a real deal AK or AKM or AK-74 for a chicken and a loaf of bread!

So we are stuck with what is a good price "for today", mourn the passing of the inexpensive AK/AKM and pray that in another couple of years the prices then will make us wish for the prices of today!

(by the way, I hate the term "kit" as much as I hate the phrase "All NFA rules apply" and "Post Sample" as a kit used to be a perfectly good, functional weapon that was destroyed per ATF to allow the parts to be imported and rebuilt into a semi-auto look-alike rifle. STUPID!)

I like.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Last edited by l921428x; 12-05-2013 at 07:45 PM.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

What types of folding stocks would fit the M92/M85 rear trunnion. Are you limited to Yugoslavian/Serbian assemblies. Seems like the easiest and cheapest SBR Project out there. Is BATF still upwards of 14 months on their approvals