Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: needing to find a good bore site for my remington 700 sps tac 308

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silentkilla View Post
    i will be trying some of this. but one question is that a specific load you do or can you buy this??
    handloads. forget the powder. i know its an imr powder.

were gun laws are finally making since!!!
    One more thing i just found out.... my remington is a AAC tac 308 not a SPS. so if one of you admin's would change my title i would appreciate it very much... don't make fun my wife bought it for me for our anniversary. just now getting to read the manual and all
    only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you..1 jesus christ..2 the american soldier.. one died for your soul the other for your freedom ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by shorthair View Post
    What load are you shooting with? I have a ballistic card made up for Federal Gold Medal Match 308 168 grain ammo.
    damn that stuff has gone up.

http://www.ammoman.com/308-federal-m...8-grain-gm308m
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

what old fashioned way are you talking about??? i have only 50 yards to shoot at the house and all the ranges are closed till after deer and duck season. so i figured i could site it in at 50 and bring it with me when i have 100 or 200 yards in front of me. load it and see were my scope is on the red dot at that distance.
    why are the ranges closed?
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

One more thing i just found out.... my remington is a AAC tac 308 not a SPS. so if one of you admin's would change my title i would appreciate it very much... don't make fun my wife bought it for me for our anniversary. just now getting to read the manual and all
    exact same rifle, nly difference is the muzzle is threaded

i almost got the aac because it was in stock and i didnt have to special order it. $40 more for the threaded bbl. ended up special ordering the sps instead because i couldnt stomach the od "camo" stock that the acc had.

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    why are the ranges closed?
    All of our ranges are open field ranges and they close them during gun season for deer and duck
    only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you..1 jesus christ..2 the american soldier.. one died for your soul the other for your freedom ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by deth502 View Post
    i almost got the aac because it was in stock and i didnt have to special order it. $40 more for the threaded bbl. ended up special ordering the sps instead because i couldnt stomach the od "camo" stock that the acc had.
    i got you on the green black speckled stock ...lol, but that houge stock is sweet man. it feels good in your hand. and the new recoil pads they put on the sps and the aac are also nice are they not!

Another thing is i finally got to barrow my buddies trigger pull gage. well my rifle's manual said the x-tac trigger is factory set at 3.5 lbs.......LIE! mine broke at 6lbs. i adjusted it down with the allen screw to around 3.5 though.. breaks clean and crisp

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12