Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SHTF Truck Gun

Kel-tec PLR -16, small, deadly and accurate out to 150 easy with a red dot on top, and a damn good bolt gun in .308 or 06. Easy finding ammo. Right now though we had better defend our 2nds rights after what i seen what they are doing in Conn today on Jan 1st and Cali also. It will go down like gay marriage, one state at a time if they can. To our brothers in Conn., the fight goes on. Oh forgot to pack the Bulgarian SLR 95 in the truck? It's coming along too.

If you need cheap, but powerful and reliable, it's damn hard to beat Mosin Nagant in 7.62X54R. Or an SKS.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Garrett View Post
    If you need cheap, but powerful and reliable, it's damn hard to beat Mosin Nagant in 7.62X54R. Or an SKS.
    I think the cheap SKS rifles dried up about 15 years ago.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

was_peacemaker
    Growing up working in the NC red mud and rain of my grandpa's farm I never had the AK let me down. The AR is nice if you have the logistics to keep it going, but the AK loves what the AR doesn't. Rain, mud, sleet, snow, cold and heat. If I was broke down somewhere and I had to get to my, momma (my saint), or my woman in a SHTF situation, or anyone else. Then the AK is the tool for the job all day any day.

was_peacemaker
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    I think the cheap SKS rifles dried up about 15 years ago.

You always got that cat at the gunshow with the SKS who is behind on child support that will take $150 any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by was_peacemaker View Post
    Growing up working in the NC red mud and rain of my grandpa's farm I never had the AK let me down. The AR is nice if you have the logistics to keep it going, but the AK loves what the AR doesn't. Rain, mud, sleet, snow, cold and heat. If I was broke down somewhere and I had to get to my, momma (my saint), or my woman in a SHTF situation, or anyone else. Then the AK is the tool for the job all day any day.
    I've a question... have you ever seriously run an AR?

ARs are more resistant to corrosion and cant get any mud in them anyway if you use the dust cover.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

You always got that cat at the gunshow with the SKS who is behind on child support that will take $150 any day of the week.
    That makes me think, it may be worth it to start buying bubba'd SKS rifles with the intention of re-militarizing them.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    That makes me think, it may be worth it to start buying bubba'd SKS rifles with the intention of re-militarizing them.
    or any surplus mil rifle on the cheap.

IF it goes BANG.. you can get a bigger Banger from it.

Remember the intent of the LIberator .
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12