DISCLAIMER!!! I'm not encouraging anyone to do what this video depicts! Make no mistake this is now HIGHLY illegal, and if caught with a firearm modified in this fashion not registered with the NFA prior to April, 1986 you WILL be bubbas bitch in a federal penitentiary!
Now that this is out of the way, here's the skinny on this video: 2 ways to convert a semiautomatic AR15 into a machine gun. The first method is just a drop in auto sear. The second... How to fully convert an AR15 into an M16. A true select fire semiautomatic- automatic M16.

I'm kind of amazed this video is still up. While the video itself has some outdated legal info warning you that this is illegal without proper licensing, it shows every detail about the process and just how to do it. I wonder just how long this video will stay up before it's flagged and youtube takes it down. Probably once some ass hole actually decides he's dumb enough to do it, gets caught, and cites his source. I'm only posting it because it's interesting and thought some here like myself who didn't previously know might find it as a good resource detailing the exact differences between an AR15 and an M16. I'm not sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if AR manufacturers haven't added some additional safe guards to keep this exact process from working.